View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Awwww Chris, although painful, nasty and worrying....let's hope that he is embarrassed enough to not repeat it and he is a lucky lad to get away falling down a flight of stairs without a significant injury. I hope you won't have to keep driving over to put the drops in.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 08:00 PM
Blinking heck he was lucky I suppose he took the chance and it backfired. Glad camera going back in. Does the manger from his block not inform you if taken to hospital?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 08:28 PM
She didn't know until the morning after either Kazz. The idiot hadn't put his SOS necklace on and he doesn't carry a 'phone. The night staff at the hospital contacted the care company that look after his complex, but as they don't provide care for him, they didn't have my contact details. That has now been remedied
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
She didn't know until the morning after either Kazz. The idiot hadn't put his SOS necklace on and he doesn't carry a 'phone. The night staff at the hospital contacted the care company that look after his complex, but as they don't provide care for him, they didn't have my contact details. That has now been remedied
Well I would take this as a scary silver lining
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 10:07 PM
Kazz, that crossed my mind, luckily Gary was o.k and hadn't suffered a lot more and needed his mum and dad.
Chris, I know you said Gary likes watches, I had this brilliant wristband that was a medical alert thing....but it was usb so could hold so much more than a usual medialert bracelet, it allows you to upload a photo so they can ensure the person being treated matches the details, offers plenty of room for medical conditions and medication and obviously several contacts for next of kin. Apparently they were designed for people on motorbikes, they are about £20
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 10:14 PM
Oh he's got the lot, Kelly. Getting him to put the important stuff with him is another matter.

What has annoyed me the most is that he knows he shouldn't ever touch drink because it's dangerous to him to the point of killing him, but every now and then, he chances his arm.

In a way I can understand it. He's a sociable lad and people do tend to buy him drinks, but he should know to say NO when he knows it causes fits that can quite literally kill him.

In today's world, people just don't seem to understand that some folk just can't drink. Even the care manager said 'well I can understand him going for a pint' until I explained just why he can't
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2021, 10:18 PM
Do you think part of it is wanting to fit in with his new friends?? Hopefully now they understand what happens they won't want to encourage him and hopefully steer him away.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 11:12 AM
He's got one similar to that, Kelly. He also has both an SOS bracelet and necklace. His mobile has all the medical alerts on. Unfortunately, when he's up to no good, he doesn't put them on or take them with him
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2021, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's got one similar to that, Kelly. He also has both an SOS bracelet and necklace. His mobile has all the medical alerts on. Unfortunately, when he's up to no good, he doesn't put them on or take them with him
He'd make a good James Bond Chris
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3