Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 08:05 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 25th September, 2021

Good morning all, rather overcast today, still might brighten up later. Hope all our doggy friends are all ok and their mums and dads too.

Lynn, hope you had a better night with Dillon. Take care everyone and stay safe and well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2021, 09:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Overcast here to today.

Dillon woke around 2 am and then settled with company Moyra.
Not much on today just tidying and pottering.

Chris glad you're back in Gary's good books. You are totally justified regards the petrol we have enough Diesel for Dillon for the vet Monday, we may well need to get some more after Monday as we like to keep the Chrysler with enough diesel in case of emergencies. Hope we can get some.
Good point about the insurance regards brenda and the training.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Pleased all is well again in Gary's world Chris.

Looks like Dillon needs company to sleep Lynn so no doubt you will be taking turns to sleep on the sofa.

Turning into a nice day here after drizzle this morning as I was walking Teazle. Meant to be going over to Ben's house but have been calling hm since 9.15 and he till has not surfaced. Oh well if we don't get everything done that he wants to it is down to him.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Morning all
I don't drive so I am not too worried about petrol per se but obviously I eat food and may need taxis etc. I just think that even after a global pandemic the human race are just selfish greedy sh*ts who would literally sell their granny to suit themselves, obviously not everyone is like that but I am beginning to feel the decent are somewhat out numbered
Chris, in the beginning, I thought how lovely for Gary, how nice if she could get a flat and they could spend time chatting through sign......then her true colours came out and I have no idea why but she just seemed to be trying to cut you out of Gary's life.....I am glad that it stopped before any real damage was done
Dyed my hair and eyebrows last night, just need to straighten it and then I am done
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Good morning all

Overcast here too, but quite warm with it so a nice dog walking morning.

Dillon does seem to have started to settle into a new sort of routine Lynn, but you both must be shattered trying to adjust to it

I don't really know what's happened with the girl. As far as I can make out her and her mother caused a scene in the cafe the other day and they are now telling Gary to steer clear. I've had that feeling from the start to be honest. Just a niggle to begin with that has grown over time. Gary is very gullible. Week before last they went to Fantasy Island, Ingoldmells and he paid half towards parking which is only fair, but the next day she went to him and told him she had a £60 parking fine and he had to pay half. No way on earth does a parking fine from that car park come overnight. It's usually 3-6 weeks before they drop.

I didn't know anything about it until last week and it was too late by then.

Whether she will still get a flat remains to be seen. The care manager is on holiday this week, but the carer staff are not happy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Sounds like the family are wrong'uns Chris, well I have gone from crossing my fingers she gets a flat to crossing everything that she's right down the list now
Sue.... hope your son has got up and you have made it to his house
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2021, 11:49 AM
We are used to the sofa surfing now been doing it since 28th June time is getting earlier now from the start which were 4.30 5.00 am wake up calls.
It won't last for ever and we can snooze in the afternoon or early evening if needed.

Chris as griff says she and the family sound like wrong uns. Pray on the more vulnerable thank goodness it seems to of died a death fingers crossed it stays that way and no flat is forthcoming for her.
Sue hope son has eventually risen from his bed.

Turned out to be a lovely sunny day again here today.

griff do you know I feel some people have become more selfish since the pandemic.
We will need diesel after Monday we always need to keep the Chrysler with enough in it in case of emergency with Dillon.
Seems a lot of garages here are shut or very low on diesel and petrol. We need none today we are going to stroll to Tesco later all shops are within walking distance for us thankfully.
Hoping Mark has enough diesel for work next week and that Lauren has enough petrol in case she needs to take Freya anywhere.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Steve got petrol this morning, he had to queue for about five minutes...the only time he uses his car is shopping and work and he can't really get the works bus if he had no fuel as he has to be in work for 3am, obviously transporting the covid scientists and lab staff is quite important so I am pleased he managed to get some.....he didn't fill up either, just got what was needed, hopefully when all the dingbats tanks are full all this nonsense will be over
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Afternoon all. Been out to my new friend Hayley with her dog Church. Mahanged to de knot his ears and brushed him through. Have taken on board what you all say about insurance but we always had peoples insurance and the hall was insured by the renters when we used one. So no problem. Have a good evening peeps. Hug to Dillon. And also other doglets.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2021, 06:08 PM
I think if you can get insurance and it wouldn't cost you too much and you feel you would like to give it a go Brenda....then do it, you could easily just start with 6 week puppy socialization courses and then go from there
Mum says she thinks I should try and see my GP as I am getting up in the morning constantly tired...I literally feel like I haven't slept. I don't sleep very well at the best of times but I could quite happily fall asleep within a couple of hours of being up
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >