Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2021, 10:18 AM

24/09/21

Good morning everyone.
Sunny on and off and a bit blowier day by day. Good for drying the washing.
Just housework today and having a quiet day after another broken nights sleep.

We are not allowed in our vet practice yet. Consults if can be done in the car park are if not the pet goes in with a nurse to see the vet.
Our vets were hoping to let us in by now but Simon co-owner and husband of our vet who also owns the practice have decided after Simon got covid last month not sure how and having to self isolate for 10 days then another member of staff coming down with it earlier this month they decided not to open up to people being allowed back in yet.
Most of us wear masks even if outside for consults and all vets and staff still do.

Hope everyone is well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Afternoon Lynn
It's blooming hot here!!!
Been for a haircut.... bloody expensive and I think I will look somewhere else
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Been lovely here to. I have been asked to help train a puppy. But they want to pay me, I have no idea what to charge. Have any of you paid for training? I would do it for nothing but sometimes if someone has to pay they do follow advice given.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Been lovely here to. I have been asked to help train a puppy. But they want to pay me, I have no idea what to charge. Have any of you paid for training? I would do it for nothing but sometimes if someone has to pay they do follow advice given.
No idea suppose it depends what they want/time they want. I think I would be happy to pay £10 a lesson for about hour or so. No change involved no fuss and if you don't want it donate to a local charity.

I would say I would think twice about charging as you are entering a "contract" if you are helping you can always walk away if you feel comfortable with them say I am not doing this for pay but for the love of dogs, but I am telling you what's best for a well adjusted dog.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 04:00 PM
What does everyone think of this shortage now fuel.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 04:01 PM
Been to my Godsons and cut the grass needs to be left to dry out a bit but went middle cut not a short short one a lovely garden underneath the overgrowth. I will be back. We took 8 black bags taken to the skip I pre-booked and then we came back and gathered another 5 for his sister to take over the week looks loads better; he was fine once I got him moving and grooving apart from almost cutting down a lovely rose so glad I turned round so he became labourer and no sharp objects LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone sorry the haircut was expensive griff.
Lovely to be asked brenda no idea about what to charge. Kazz's suggestion sounds good.
Glad you enjoyed your gardening day Kazz.

Well apparently in our town and back in Upwell & Outwell people have been going mad buying fuel and blocking the roads. Also down the road at Chatteris.
Someone was saying they went to the local Tesco at 5.30 am in a panic to get fuel and met a fuel delivery driver who told her there is no shortage it is still being unloaded off the tankers and not a big worry about not enough drivers to deliver it, it is taking a little longer than usual to deliver to the garages. In my opinion as usual the press sensationalise everything and cause all this panic buying.
The press need to be gagged on some things I feel. This being one of them
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 04:26 PM
Lynn Good afternoon and a little common sense by the public would be good too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2021, 04:48 PM
It certainly would Kazz but some of the public believe everything they read and then act on it.
I just hope people don't start filling up petrol cans and store it in sheds and garages, I am sure last time we suffered a fuel shortage there was the odd idiot that did and some had minor explosions.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2021, 06:09 PM
The way I see things is this....the press scared the crap out of everyone on a daily basis with covid ( not saying they weren't right to keep everyone informed but sometimes it was pretty scary), now people are no longer so worried by that so they pick up the driver shortage and run with it, they can twist it to fit any situation...so, there's going to be a shortage of food and Christmas will be ruined ( I for one will happily have a sandwich for dinner) there won't be toys for kids, there's a shortage of co2 so no fizzy drinks..packaged food etc. Now let's go on and on about a petrol shortage that is actually a load of crap, yes ..there will be a shortage now because people are being selfish cockwombles again and panic buying... probably the same arses as those that panic bought toilet rolls and pasta and are still knee deep in both.
Well, that's my opinion lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >