Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:02 PM

1 Week Old Puppy Flushed Down the Loo

Sorry if this has already been posted...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090615/...r-45dbed5.html

Not good that a 4 y/o got the chance to flush the puppy but a lovely story about everyone pitching in to save said puppy's life!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:03 PM
before I read this, did the pup survive, coz If it didn't I dont think I can bare to read it...I'm a wuzz with sad stories

Elaine xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:07 PM
It did survive Elaine

It took hours to get the pup out but it's now recovering well apparently.

Named Dyno after Dyno-Rod came out and managed to push him back towards the manhole cover to be rescued.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Aw no.. poor little puppy!... Children can do the strangest things.. One of the many reasons they should never be left unsupervised with any pet or for that matter younger sibling.. You hear so many stories of 4 and 5 yr olds, putting animals and even babies in tumbledryers, in washing machines and down the loo.. They just don't have a sense of consequence at that age, can't think things through.

Glad this little pup has a happy ending at least!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:08 PM
the pup survived, but Personally I am in two minds, that a wee boy of 4 is allowed close enough to a mum with pups to take one and then go and flush it down the toilet - I mean where was his mum????? what was she doing really??>

it beggars belief and I am glad the pup made it. Although what a traumatic experience for the poor wee thing.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
It did survive Elaine

It took hours to get the pup out but it's now recovering well apparently.

Named Dyno after Dyno-Rod came out and managed to push him back towards the manhole cover to be rescued.

Phew!!! that's good am off to read it now... what a wonderful and fitting name

Elaine xxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I know Brundog...

It's strange, it's just been on the radio - just after I read it on yahoo. Apparently his twin brother had taken the puppy out to play in the garden where it got dirty so the little boy decided to wash it... at a week old? That doesn't sound right?

Either way, they shouldn't have been near the pups unsupervised - I totally agree. I've never had kids (and dont' intend to) but I know that accidents happen and they get into all sorts but really, this could've been a tragic story of a 4 year old mauled by a cocker spaniel when he tried to take one of her pups away...

I do think it's nice however that so many people were willing to come out and help save the pup.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I know Brundog...

It's strange, it's just been on the radio - just after I read it on yahoo. Apparently his twin brother had taken the puppy out to play in the garden where it got dirty so the little boy decided to wash it... at a week old? That doesn't sound right?

Either way, they shouldn't have been near the pups unsupervised - I totally agree. I've never had kids (and dont' intend to) but I know that accidents happen and they get into all sorts but really, this could've been a tragic story of a 4 year old mauled by a cocker spaniel when he tried to take one of her pups away...

I do think it's nice however that so many people were willing to come out and help save the pup.
it really is worrying and as you say it could easily have been a different headline. And really should 4yr olds be "playing " with 1 week old pups???

anyway its a happy ending and as you say great that so many people helped get poor dyno out.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
it really is worrying and as you say it could easily have been a different headline. And really should 4yr olds be "playing " with 1 week old pups???

anyway its a happy ending and as you say great that so many people helped get poor dyno out.
I agree poor pup, glad he survived!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Thank goodness he survived.....not just the toilet flush either.....but playing outside at a week old....I shudder. Sorry I have kids here/ and have my own, plus 9 grandchildren, but that is unbelievable.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >