Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:52 AM

The watershed....tv related.

After just reading an article on The x factor that over 1000 people have complained about the dancers and christina agulira [sp?] and also Rhianna's dance routine on Saturday I thought I would start a thread.

As it was before the ''watershed'' did any of you guys watching have any thoughts about it while watching especially if watching with young children?

I must admit although watching it with my 9 yr old son I did'nt really take much notice.

Also what about other progs like the soaps. My son does not watch them but I do sometimes think it is a bit early for some subjects.

My son is more interested in Grand designs and come dine with me lol......

So to ask again ''what are your thoughts on the watershed and what do you think acceptable?'
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:58 AM
It did not bother me to be honest. We were watching with the three kids, the youngest who was 10.However, other friends who were online with me at the time commented.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Kids can watch raunchy videos (and worse) any time of the day. What parents should do (instead of complaining) is to make sure their children understand what self-respect is in relation to their own lives, expecially for girls.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't let my 4 year old watch soaps such as EastEnders (it's bed time anyway). It's not just the content; it's all the angst and screaming that goes on.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Have to admit, a couple of times throughout Christina Aguilera bit , I thought, a bit risque for begore the water shed,

Along with Reanna.... put some clothes on, you looked better covered up.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2010, 10:51 AM
thought it was a bit racy but then realised christine a was promoting a burlesque movie and as for rhinanna well shes always like that but waht a fantastic singer ad always sings live on x fatctor
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Kids can watch raunchy videos (and worse) any time of the day. What parents should do (instead of complaining) is to make sure their children understand what self-respect is in relation to their own lives, expecially for girls.
Agreed!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Have to admit, a couple of times throughout Christina Aguilera bit , I thought, a bit risque for begore the water shed,

Along with Reanna.... put some clothes on, you looked better covered up.
Rhianna was wearing more on x factor than she does in her music videos though So in her defence she had covered up.
I asked my OH "What ever happened to wearing proper clothes?" the other day
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Who was it that said "You've got a remote for your TV, if you don't like it, turn it over!"

Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll admit I didn't see it at the time but have seen little clips on TV since, doesn't look any worse than The Kenny Everett show when Hot Gossip used to "dance". My sisters and I all used to watch that and I can't say it sent us out into the world sexualised or rampant in any way
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:32 PM
not sure to be honest, i think the problem with shows like x factor is that kids will stay up to watch them as its singing etc, so parents will allow that as oppose to soaps etc. For there then to be provocative dancing in one show where there hadnt been any in previous shows I think its then hard for parents to know thats wats going to happen.

Its a hard one, luca was in bed and probably would have made a comment about the pretty ladies
my cousin who has a nearly one yr old daughter thought it was shocking and complained - i wouldnt go that far i didnt think it was awful, just probably unnecessary.

however christina isnt exactly unknown for her err raunchy clothing and dancing so you would have to expect it really.....

luca is more interested in total wipeout on a saturday night and is expectantly waiting for that to return!!!

however maybe in a few years once lola is more impressionable i might be more worried !!!

phils only comment was that once lola was older he would not be allowing her to use his phone to vote for silly boy bands!!! lol
thats of course as he was staring at rihannas bits!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >