Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2022, 10:25 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 23rd January, 2022

Good morning everyone, despite the pandemic I hope you areall keeping well and safe. I haven't been around because I am suffering badly with my eyes. I am awaiting removal of cataracts any day now and am sure once one has been done I shall need the other done. Not looking forward to the operations but hoping for a good outcome.

Take care everyone and have a safe day. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2022, 11:40 AM
Moyra
re your eye operation. Thinking about it is actually worse than having it done. I had to have a "stent" placed behind one eye to reduce the pressure.
Without having it done I was told I would go blind.
The thought of having an eyeball removed and put back scared shit out of me but in actual fact the way it was done I knew nothing about it although fully awake during the op.

Sue said it looked funny with one eyeball moving and not the other due to the drops they used to numb it . I had also to wear an eye patch for 2 weeks afterwards so I didn't rub it.

So having a cataract removed would not worry me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Moyra, try not to worry, it's a common operation now and the hardest part is doing the drops
Mum and I are both still negative....long may it continue!!! We have to test until Wednesday and dad can start testing tomorrow, 2 negatives and he can be freed lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2022, 12:45 PM
Good morning everyone

Moyra as everyone has said cataract ops are now common and everybody who has had it done has said how their sight has improved. I too worry about anything being done to my eyes but as Barry said you don't feel a thing.

Hope you keep testing negative Kelly and that dad is soon released

Very dull here but not so cold. Have spent the morning shredding paperwork for Ben and ourselves and also sharpening clipper blades. Just hope they work when I come to use them.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Afternoon all and those to follow.
Bit drab here today but warmer.

We have been sorting boxes of books out of the loft, haven't found the one I wanted though typical. A nursery rhyme book that was given to Mark when he was born and mums friend bought it for him when she visited and met him at a few weeks old.
It was going to Freya, bit upset and cannot think where it has gone. We will be looking for a nice old fashioned nursery rhyme book her but won't be quite the same.
Still we have sorted into keep down, charity shop and back in the loft.

Kelly sorry to read about the covid glad you and your mum are clear.
Both mum and dad had cataract operations Moyra and both did well and said as others have done they didn't feel a thing and benefitted well from the op.

Keep safe and well everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2022, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Barry because of my Glaucoma I may well have to have a stent too to reduce pressure, we shall see.

Take care everyone and stay clear of the dreaded lurgy. God bless.