Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 01:38 PM

door to door people aarrrgghh

GGRRR

why do gas and power companies feel the need toharass people that are no longer with them.??? In the last 4 weeks i have had 3 people at the door from power companies trying to get me to come back to them .... how many times do you have to say you are not interested before it sinks in.

Just had a bloke at the door then and bruno was barking his head off - behind the dog gate - the bloke kept looking warily up the stairs doing his spiel - HE KEPT SAYING IS THE DOG SECURE ??? fELT LIKE SAYING NO run FOR YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!! Just to get rid of the bloke.

arrghh - said I am not interested 10 times before he went away !!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I just don't bother answering the door unless its someone I know - then they soon go away. I HATE salesmen and their smarmy ways - it's not like we asked for them to come to our doors is it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Maybe you should get another Bruno dani, coz nobody ever dares knock on my door!!

Had the same thing yesterday, but via a phone call, British Gas of all people, asking me to come back, errr, why? I ended up telling him that I didn't think he could get my monthly direct debit anywhere near my current figure when theirs was previously twice the price - he shut up then, so I put the phone down
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
GGRRR

why do gas and power companies feel the need toharass people that are no longer with them.??? In the last 4 weeks i have had 3 people at the door from power companies trying to get me to come back to them .... how many times do you have to say you are not interested before it sinks in.

Just had a bloke at the door then and bruno was barking his head off - behind the dog gate - the bloke kept looking warily up the stairs doing his spiel - HE KEPT SAYING IS THE DOG SECURE ??? fELT LIKE SAYING NO run FOR YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!! Just to get rid of the bloke.

arrghh - said I am not interested 10 times before he went away !!!
If they say do you have 2 mins just look at your watch and give them a count down I do and it seams to work
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Tell them your OH works for them, and they tend to leave you alone.

I keep getting people asking me if I want to buy my council house.
Err...I already own my house
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Remedies for salespeople -
At the door "you'll have to hurry cos the dog will break the gate down again!"

On the phone speak with an accent (my dads trick) "i'm sorry i don't understand english - yes all good clean girls here"

works virtually all the time!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
we don't have that problem luckly either they can't find us because we're in the middle of a farm or the farmer tells em to sling it
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
My neighbour has a sign on her door, which just says NO, then a list of all the people she wont answer the door to. Salesmen dont even bother going up to the house as they can see it from the driveway. Dont know where you can get them though Dani, she may of got it off the internet and printed it off and laminated it.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
My neighbour has a sign on her door, which just says NO, then a list of all the people she wont answer the door to. Salesmen dont even bother going up to the house as they can see it from the driveway. Dont know where you can get them though Dani, she may of got it off the internet and printed it off and laminated it.
I have seen those types of signs before
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm thinking about a similar sign for my door. Something simple like "If you don't have an appointment or a VERY good reason, don't even bother knocking on this door".

I've got one of the polite stickers now that says something like "Please note we do not buy from or sell to people at the door without an appointment" but it doesn't seem to be working. People still knock.

I get most annoyed when I've been doing night-shifts and I have to sleep through the day and people knock. I don't answer the door but it sets the dog off barking and that wakes me up.

I might just get a doorbell and rig it so it gives a small but painful electric shock!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >