Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 06:35 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, May 12

Good Morning everyone,

We have a bit of a problem with the little dog upstairs he'll bark at any disturbance. Sometimes been known to start Amber of but one word from me and she shuts up.

Well Amber had an upset tummy yesterday not sure what she had been eating to cause that because I gave her nothing different. So I ended up walking around the time I usually go to bed. She seemed to settle down after that thankfully. Must get her out in a minute to see if it has settled completely.

They are planning to build a lot more houses near here too and on what is generally accepted as dog walking and football playing ground with a nice walk beyond to a pond.

Oh well like, Harvey, we who have limited time left need not worry it will be our offspring and theirs that will have to live with it all.

LG, hope you get your pc sorted soon and Nippy Jen hope you rid yourself of your virus.

Hope everyone is ok today. Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone

Do hope Amber is better this morning Moyra. No doubt it was just one of those things and you will never find the cause.

I agree re housing. Here they have put in an application for about 500 houses, most of which will be social housing and then they are bringing people in from as far away as Croydon. The village is not big enough there is only one doctors surgery and parking for that is horrendous, one local primary school and they want to bring the main entrance out onto the main road just before a bend As far as I can see there is not much in the way of employment locally and no fast train service to London ( though that apparently is in the pipeline). It was refused a couple of years ago so has been amended and have taken out the school that was proposed and cut the houses down a bit. This is where we all walk our dogs and in the summer the children play in the woods and run round the fields. Never mind this is progress.

Lovely day here, hazy sun but very warm. Nothing planned today but might do a tip run shortly.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Yes Sue, I do think they should provide for the minimum of a school and a surgery within such schemes, also a recreation area too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Morning Moyra and Sue and all who follow.
Lovely and sunny here to today and quite warm again. Not complaining.
hope Ambers tummy is better now Moyra, and that your back is better griff.

We have lots of building going on and happening around Ely. I thought if there were more than a certain amount of houses they had to build new schools not sure what the figures are on that though. If we have the major developments here in the village not sure where the children will go to school Senior school age are bussed out to outlying schools, we have one small primary school and they have already taken in children from the primary school that was shut down in Welney. As for the surgery and dentist well the mind boggles.
We have no real nice walks here for the dogs so that won't affect us.

Hope everyone is well and four legged friends are too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Lovely morning here, sun is shining and is a bit hazy at the moment, think that will probably burn off in bit.
I think the Planning Departments should plan, rather than approve schemes that are going to create chaos,maybe stop any immigration whatsoever till we have got everything under control which will be never the way its looking to me.
Taking girls out in a bit, then tip (see you there Sue)and a bit of fence painting once I've had a butty
Wonder what's causing these tummy upsets with Amber
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Amber seems to be back to normal this morning, normally on her frozen chicken diet she just drops lots of pebbles of poo all quite firm. The only thing I can perhaps suggest is that Steve may have given her some of his sweet and sour chicken balls as he had rather a lot. Who knows not going to start another argument with him. Just telling him that she was scouring maybe enough to prick his conscious that's if he did. It may be she found some fox or cat dirt somewhere. She is shocking for eating that if I do not see her doing so. She knows she is not allowed to. I also have to worm her but am worried to do so immediately following a scouring like she had last night.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Send back the illegal immigrants and there would be housing for all.

We just come back from the dump and had a coffee in a local garden centre. Won't go there again for a drink it was not exactly cold but not hot as I would have expected and not sausauge rolls either

few drops of rain so it looks like a stay indoors day today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Morning all
Awww sorry to hear Amber has had a bad tummy...my dad gives the ogs what he likes...i tell him not to but he just ignores me, it isn't so bad with this 2 as they don't have food issues...yet!!! but my old 2, crikey they were awful with food and he regularly gave them stuff that was on the banned list Lol. I also woul like to wish you good luck for tomorrow Moyra as my memory is not great and it will no doubt pop out of my head, i hope things go well for you and you aren't too uncomfortable
Sue and TW, could you swing by and fetch some stuff for the tip for me please?
my pair do bark, i try not to let them and they are to off and fetched in the house if they do bark...if there is someone out the back i leave them be as they are doing their job but if there is nothing obvious they come in, i shut the door and they have to stay in for a few minutes....barking in the house, well if a car door goes or voices outside...kota goes off on one Lol in particular the time that my parents usually get back from work.
I am being brave, going to venture to the chemist at the drs to get some more pain killers, will check the prescription is done before i do Lol. i have rung the vet and cleared the bill, just need to pay my mum £40 and i am debt free (and also skint again Lol)
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Trouble is Barry, they have to find the bu**ers first! We need more raids on ethnic cafes and restuarants that encourage the use of these peeps without paying them a decent wage and just giving them menial accommodation! I know they do raid them but the staff to retain them and the need to export asap after is where it all falls down.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Good day everyone.
As you can see I'm back on line - didn.t need to go to see my computer whizz, the Mem had a look at it and found that there was a break in the connection lead. Having had this brought to my attention - I duly pieced it back together again - a quick twizzle of insulating tape to finish it off and all was ready to go again. These circumstances were brought about by Tess having a bit of a chew at it - norty brute! lol !
Moyra - hope that by now Amber is back to normal and also my best wishes for you at the Hospital tomorrow - hope it all goes well.
Bet that June will be hard pressed to talk to the likes of us now she's got a fine new lawn! lol ! Courtesy of good ole Nigel - who although doubtlessly horticulturally gifted - tends to be a bit like the Mills of God in that he grinds exceedingly slowly!
Lovely day here - off out to the Corn Merchants as need a few bits and pieces (hope there is gossip as there wasn't any last time) they're probably all to busy talking about me! Ha Ha Ha!
Have a good day all, see you later and as always, bye fer now.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >