Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Recommendations for Dog shampoo

Hello

I am looking for a recommendation for Dog Shampoo for Bruno.. we give him a bath about once a month, as he tends to get a bit pongy and i find it helps with both mine and luca's allergies, if he is cleaner...

However I do try and always buy cosmetic products etc for myself that are not tested on animals and woudl like to find the same for mutt shampoo. basically dont want it to have been tried on some poor unfortunate test subject by squirting in their eyes etc, i realise that it will have been "tested " on them to a certain extent.. is there a such a thing and where would one find it ??

ta in advance
dani
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I havent used them myself but try veggiepets.com
nikki_kev
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I use Johnsons deoderant shampoo on Dixie as she stinks! It really works and she can go for a few months without needing another...Only about £3 a bottle and it lasts ages as they are short coated.

x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
thanks VV o will have a look at them,
Thanks Nikki but JOhnson& J do test on animals and where possible i will try and avoid it.. i know what you mean about the stink !! have a stinky one here !
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Paul Mitchell do a range of doggy shampoo etc now.....can't for the life of me remember the name, but the bottles look the same as the people stuff I think it's quite expensive about £9 bottle, but its all natural and they do not test on animals
If its like the people one, it will be quite concentrated, so you won't have to use much each time we used P Mitchell in the Salon i worked at it's goood stuff

Jann
nikki_kev
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
thanks VV o will have a look at them,
Thanks Nikki but JOhnson& J do test on animals and where possible i will try and avoid it.. i know what you mean about the stink !! have a stinky one here !
I did not know that - I will avoid from now on...thank you! x

x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
hiya nikki
have realised you meant johnsons vet products not johnson and johnson - so not sure if johnsons vet products test on animals !! does it say on the bottle ??
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Showseasons range are all natural shampoos. Don't think they test on animals., but if you ask the supplier they will know. Excellent shampoo