View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Feckin hell Lynn.... disgusting! I would contact the council and tell them to check whose name is on the council tax bill....and enlighten them that people from London are objecting to things that don't affect them. I know you don't really want to stay but I would tell them to take their offer and stick it up their ar*es!!;
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 06:15 PM
That sounds naughty Lynn, how dare they when they haven't signed contracts.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Isn't it just Moyra! Absolute cheek!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Spoken to Gorden he said the same he is fuming to.
It is a planning proposal not likely to rear it's head again due to Elgoods pulling out and all this was explained to them by us.
As he said they could of moved in and waited to see if it did resurrect then just say no to Gordon next door but one when he knocked or pull out of the sale if it worried them that much.
We are waiting to see what happens after this report tomorrow we are now guessing any little thing is likely to get them re-negotiating well that won't happen.
Also he has to look at the report we were sent re: the bungalow it is saying high risk due to groundwater flooding.

We are considering telling them to do one but Gorden says sleep on it for a couple of nights and see what the report sets off.

That was exactly my thought you do not own this house yet. Glad I am not overacting.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Tell you what I think is funny, they are moving to a new are, new house, Don't even own the property and have probably just p*ssed off all their new neighbours....makes me think there's something more going on, trying to get you to cough up for insurance, winding up the new neighbours...very very odd behaviour, they could object after the actually own the place
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Weird yes griff. They certainly aren't geared to village life that's for sure.
Not good making enemies before you move in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 06:25 PM
No, villages can be very cliquey and often have quite a few families and family members linked... that's what it's like where my dad's from, fall out with one and you have about 18 on your case.
Sorry the bungalow is at risk of flooding...maybe it isn't meant to be?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Oh dear Lynn they will really get off on the right foot objecting before speaking to anyone about it.

Griff anyone can object to a planning proposal from anywhere in the country.

With regards to the flood report Lynn on the bungalow you are buying you can get data about it from https://www.getthedata.com/flood-map/march (hope it works). The other thing to do is speak to people who are already living in the road to see when it last happened. Hopefully it has never happened.

Hope Tyto will be ok on your holiday Brenda, new smells etc.

Dentist went well for me but Barry has to have a crown removed to look at a bit of decay as the tooth is quite sensitive and hopefully recrowned so has another appointment next week.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2018, 08:06 PM
That's absolutely mad, surely councils won't take into account non local views??
Awww, poor Barry...I hope it can be sorted out quickly and easily.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Awww poor Barry.
Gorden will be doing his research Sue that's his bedtime reading.

Yes I learnt today anyone can object from anywhere.
Just wish they had gone about this a different way they were not under any pressure to agree or not agree it could easily of waited till they actually owned the house if it ever did resurrect itself again.

Lots of people who have lived here many years and more that are Upwellian or Outwell born and bred and lots of family ties. A lot of the ways I do not always agree with but learn to mind my own ways are very different in villages and especially round here.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >