Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2017, 06:41 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 7th September

Good morning everyone, doesn't look too bad out there this morning.

Hope everyone is ok and our four legged friends too.

Kazz, Brook seems to have settled in very quickly. Good for her.

Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2017, 08:08 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone who follows.

I hope it is a nice day for you there Moyra it is very overcast and breezy here, However having seen the news about the weather in the Caribbean I promised I would never moan about our weather again.

Shopping day today, might go for fish and chips after

Take care everyone, and have a good day xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Good morning Moyra, Nippy and all who follow

I expect your trusty car will take you safely for fish and chips after your shopping

Hope you are well Moyra.

Deliveries are a pain June but pleased you managed to get all yours safe and sound

So pleased Brook seems to have settled so well Kazz.

Dull here but have hang out some washing. Teazle walked and all downstairs windows inside cleaned, now for a coffee. Waiting in for a parcel to be collected so nothing planned for the rest of the day

Have a good day and stay safe and well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Will your car stop at a carvery on the way home Nippy:grin
Not too bad this morning although rain forecast later on so that means I can't carry on painting the girls new house as it won't dry soon enough, forecast for the next week seems to be constant rain which is a real nuisance, fence won't get done either because I bet they are way behind by now. Really want it up and I will have proper security.
Taking girls up in the woods again, everywhere is waterlogged and muddy but the woods are pretty well drained being on high ground sloping down to the river. Schools are all back, and if there is a dry day next week I'll put everyone in the car, park by the garage, then it is a short track and grasslands leading to the woods and they can charge about together for the first time in a few months
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
not a bad day here weather wise.

Sheets on the line towels about to finish not sure I will get them out today though. Dillon walked. Decorating again or rather touching up the alcove in the bedroom is turning out to be harder work than I thought.
Just taking a break then back to it.

Shame the weather is not on your side for painting June.
Nippy Jen enjoy your fish and chips.
griff hope your feeling ok after chemo yesterday.

Paul still building that bl**dy patio/terrace I mean what's it going to be ? So drive still a mess and van problem not resolved.
Good job I have plenty to keep me busy and my gob shut. Although i do have a few mutterings up and down the garden so they may of heard my rantings.
Apart from that all good and things getting done all the horrible little messy jobs now.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Hello all
Was bright early today but getting cooler here now, had to wait to take Rosie out cos the field being cut, they seem to be taking ages too.
Lynn take a breath & count to 10.....maybe a 100
NJ sounds a good day hope the fish & chips tastes good
TW fingers crossed for the dry day, I hate the full wet days cos I can't get Rosie out & after a day or so she gets cabin fever lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Mandy I think more like 100 bl**dy,000. the rate this is going.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
touching up the alcove in the bedroom is turning out to be harder work than I thought.
By 'harder' I assume you mean taking longer. That's exactly what happens to me nowadays. I start of the day thinking about numerous jobs, I know I can't do all of them in one day but I like to think maybe some of them will be completed.

What happens I get ONE completed to my satisfaction and all the rest are 'ongoing'

Yes, I'm older than I used to be (It happens ) so I don't have so much energy, but it still annoys me that everything takes longer than I planned

And when you go to the DIY warehouse of your choice and find they are 'Out of stock' doesn't help matters either

But you are 'on track' now and I'm really pleased you can talk about estate agents valuations and such.

What would be the sort of locations you are thinking of
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi Harvey yes things take longer these days than they use to.
Just had a message from Beth they have been approved for a buy to let mortgage and so they have reduced Paul's mum house in the hopes of selling quickly.
Location will depend on what we get for this I want to stay near the vet but then I think it would be nice to move St.Ives or Huntingdon way to be nearer Mark and Lauren.
Guess we will jsut have to wait and see.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think it would be nice to move St.Ives or Huntingdon way
30 years ago both those places were very nice little towns, when I worked in Cambridge we had friends in both places, but, things change, a few shopping trips will give you an idea of what it's like now.

Unfortunately I think house prices will have taken off as they are within commuting distance of Cambridge.

I couldn't afford to buy a house in Cambridge 30 years ago and definitely couldn't now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >