Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Lacey

maybe it is because you picked up someone else brain cell off the floor instead of mine
Half of one of yours would do me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Nope the stairs stay as is
Oh thank heavens for that, I was worried that all that wonderful woodwork would get burried. Those stairs are fantastic and I particularly like the turned rods between the stairs. I don't think I have ever seen that in any other house, or any building, not even in the Saudi Prince's palace in Dharan where I worked many years ago.

As for the wood panelling on the wall, well sorry to say but I wouldn't paint that either Have you considered an application of Tung oil based finish it will bring all the glorious colour back and it will look like new.

If you are set on painting it, for once I agree with the honourable LG
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Ah thanks Harvey,shall pass on your compliments to OH,he'll be well chuffed I love it too,its Parana Pine and just reached a lovely warm golden colour now.You could well have a point there,we shall see
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh you agree with LG No one ever does that!!
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Lacey, that staircase is absolutely gorgeous! Pls ask your OH if he could come round and build me one to replace the awful aluminium loft ladder into my Loftroom lol. I quite like sunny warm colours like subtle yellows & oranges.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
Lacey, that staircase is absolutely gorgeous! Pls ask your OH if he could come round and build me one to replace the awful aluminium loft ladder into my Loftroom lol. I quite like sunny warm colours like subtle yellows & oranges.
Thankyou Popstar That staircase is 18 years old When OH does work in the house it always looks great,it's actually getting him to do it,that's the problem
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Could you not sand down the paneling? So it's a lighter colour to match the antique cream colour, And hope you don't mind saying I wouldn't carpet your stairs, either

Totally agree with both statements! That is a beautiful staircase and bit of panelling, such a shame to paint it, it is far too good quality IMO.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Ah thanks Harvey,shall pass on your compliments to OH,he'll be well chuffed I love it too,its Parana Pine and just reached a lovely warm golden colour now.You could well have a point there,we shall see
I wondered if it was Pirhana pine ... you absolutely cannot paint it!! That is wonderful wood, beautiful in it's own right ... nature needs no adornment to enhance it's beauty, a lick of wood oil as someone else suggested would bring out all the glorious beauty of the natural wood - much less maintenance as well. No painting over and over again.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post

Isn't it beautiful? I am in awe at Lacey's OH's talent!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks Gnasher Have come to the conclusion that you're absolutely right,it is beautiful and will remain as is Phew!!!saves me a load of work too Thanks guys xx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >