Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Bert is an older german shepherd.

16-08-12 Bert is an older german shepherd. He came to Many Tears last year and was adopted by a lovely lady who sadly due to ill health had to return him to us. Bert (who was named Charlie at his last home and so this is what he is called here) has had a few tummy problems, causing him to have a runny tummy, this is currently being treated by our vet and he is starting to improve and gain weight. Bert is lovely with everyone he meets, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body when it comes to humans. He is food obsessed, but this is partly due to the steroids he's on and although he is learning that just because you are holding it, it isn't for him, he still has a way to go, but he responds well to voice and a firm no makes him back off. Bert is good off lead and good with the majority of other dogs. He needs to go to a cat free home. Anyone who knows GSDs will know how sensitive they are and therefore how heartbroken Bert has been with his many changes of home. Please let his next home be his last and let it be with a family who will love him and be there for him until his last breath, after all it's what he deserves, he is a faithful old boy who just wants a person/family to call his own.

BEING FOSTERED IN DUNDRY, BRISTOL
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 07:01 PM
oh my If I didn't have the cats I would seriously have been considering this lovely lad, even though I've said not another GSD! Really hope he finds his last, forever home soon.