Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pindonkey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Update on the training

So i asked about working trials on here quite a while ago. Well i thought i would give those who helped me a little update.

We wont be doing any competitions. Oscar was measured and he was classed as a large dog(over 15in)
I had built my equipment,the scale and everything,but he really got knocked down on the long jump and scale,he tried but he just couldn't get the full height and length. Had he been a medium dog he would have been fine.
Its not the end of the world though,we still do tracking and we used to do search squares too. We do tracking about every 2 weeks but we do nose work nearly every day. I hide his tug toy all around the house and garden and we do it now in fields and in the woods. So he really enjoys that.

We started agility instead. I have been doing agility with him since i got him but a few months ago i found a class.So he enjoys that now too.

Its a shame about the working trials,but agility suits him better anyway,its not as serious.

anyway,thought i would give you a little update.