Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Cani x

just watching the cani x coverage on crufts now, nice to see its such a varied sport ive just bought some trainers to start jogging, not sure i could do the cani x mind

how many of you do it with your dogs? i dont know if i could do with it a big dog some of the speeds they were taking off at i would fall flat on my face
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm pretty sure dobermonkey does it with tunya her dobermann. There's a couple of other people that I know run with their dobes too. Im too lazy
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm going to give it a go with Leila (leilateggie) and her pointer Trooper. I've not got any gear for it, but I'm going to meet up and see how it's goes and what it's like first
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
well i need to get fitter so im starting jogging and thinking about taking asbo with me as he needs to burn off energy
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-03-2012, 08:16 AM
It's a great way to get fit, and the dogs really seem to love it. I do it with my pointer as a way of slowing her down at the beginning of her walk. She soon learned not to try and drag my all the way, but dropped into my pace (although she does give me some exasperated looks at quite how slowly we're going!)

Download the NHS Couch to 5K podcasts if you've never run before....they pace you really well, and build up your stamina over a few weeks until you can run non-stop for half an hour.

And make sure you've got water for Asbo.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:23 AM
i have a race on sunday which will render me immobile for a few days (my boy is rather enthusiastic and i am a passenger!) but we love it LOL!

i dont have time for the gym so it makes sense for me to run with him in harness or i still run when i take him out anyway 2 birds one stone

T obviously will get excited when his lead comes out but when the harness comes out he goes nuts! and he knows the difference between jeans and running leggings as well and his excited level changes accordingly its v funny!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:44 AM
so should asbo wear a harness then, not just a collar and lead? when i watched them leave at the big one at crufts, not all of them had harnesses, so is it personal preference.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Alex was fascinated with cani x at crufts and wants to take Minnie or K running with him
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I run with Cosmo as does my OH. He wears a harness and knows what's coming. He enjoys the run
but has never liked the harness
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 04:25 PM
A lead and a flat collar are fine but i prefer a harness as T is v game and goes like stink and it wouldnt be fair to hang onto his neck

if youre dog isnt a puller id say start with a collar and lead but if they pull then fairer to use a harness

in theory harness = im allowed to pull collar = no pulling

they are smart enough to know the difference between different types of equipment but if you say its ok to pull in a collar one day its not fair to expect them to not pull when you simply go for a walk the next day in said collar

give it a whirl
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >