Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I think this thread has died a death, what "could" have been a fairly good discussion has turned into an against and for debate, we know now that there is one person that is against breeding FULL STOP wether ethical or not, and will just not see that there IS a difference, even I working in rescue know that ethical breeders dont allow their breeding to end up in rescue, and if they do the ethical breeders will come and get their dogs OUT of rescue or at least help finance the dog whilst it is in there if they are unable to take it to their own home for many reasons, fact is dogs ARE being bred that is NOT going to change. the thread is about who is responsible for producing the most unwanted dogs, we all KNOW who is responsible, its ALL BREEDERS WHO ARE NOT ETHICAL. the very reason ETHICAL BREEDERS are called ETHICAL BREEDERS is BECAUSE they DONT allow their dogs to go into rescue, OR DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER FOR THEM NOT TO.

Mo
I think it is a little naive to say ethically bred dogs never end up in rescue, surely as a receptionist for a rescue you yourself know that they do.

The answer to the original question is back yard breeders, but I don't think it does anyone any good to try and make out that breeders dogs don't add to the problems
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Nothing naive at all in my post you will note the section where I say and if they do the ethical breeders will come and get their dogs OUT of rescue or at least help finance the dog whilst it is in there if they are unable to take it to their own home for many reasons, if they dont assist as stated then IMO they are NOT ethical.

Mo
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Can I just ask AnneUK whether she feels the welfare of all existing dogs is more important than all future dogs ?

I'm not giving an opinion _ I'd just like to know as I see a bit of both sides here.
I believe both are as important as each other.

Are you asking because I mentioned I would like to see a temporary ban on breeding?
Page 42 of 42 « First < 32 39 40 41 42