Morning all
Looking bright and cheery out there today, hopefully be warm again
Not sure what I can find to entertain myself today
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2021, 06:37 AM
Good morning Kelly and all whfollow

Misty here this morning so hope it clears as the morning progresses. Off into town later to get a new battery for my watch and a pair of slippers for Barry. Exciting day

Hope all are well Stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2021, 07:42 AM
Morning griff, Sue and all to follow.
Another lovely warm day again today.
Well what a fiasco all the messaging regards the old oven and hob yesterday, very blunt and badly spelt messages.
Ended up giving address through private message then heard nothing more. I said to Gorden I hope they aren't just going to turn up. We did some tidying in the garden, fed Dillon I then started feeding Dillon finished that job, sat down and the door bell rings.
Young woman and a fella other side of the gate no English but managed tp get across they had come for the cooker.
Why I started explaining after giving address it all went quiet so we guessed they weren't interested after all I realised I was having a one way conversation. Fella eventually came in the garden and was using his phone for translation.
To cut the story short they took the cooker and hob all he kept saying was we have come from Peterborough. Think they were Roma's and they collected it for scrap, bit white sprinter van parked across the road, then they asked about Grahams mess out the front asking was it scrap.
I said no idea you would need to speak to him.
Good thing is it is gone and we do not have to cart it to the tip it was quite heavy.
Then guess what another message after we had sorted all that out.
Planning a quieter day today.

Enjoy your exciting shopping Sue.
Hope you find something to keep you out of mischief griff.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2021, 08:53 AM
What a palava Lynn!! Are you near to Peterborough then?? Mum and dad were near there the other week I think....they visited Duxford air museum...think it was Peterborough...... that's where they do the passports isn't it?
Ooooooo, Sue, hope you don't get carried away with excitement!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2021, 09:38 AM
Duxford is nearer Harlow just over the borders into Cambridge. It was a short trip for us from Harlow.
Peterborough is closest to us as in a city as is Cambridge. Peterborough is a bit of a drive from Duxford.
Peterborough is near spalding, Crowland etc., An entity on it's own. Peterborough is probably a 1/2 hour to 40 min drive for us on a good day.

If I go into Essex the old way I use to go via the A14 & M11 round the outskirts of Cambridge Duxford isn't a million miles away from Royston etc., I now go the Isle of Ely way and touch Ely to pick up the A14 and M11 so miss the Duxford area.

Peterborough is where they do the passports yes.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2021, 09:47 AM
Ahhhhh, my geography is shocking, mind you I don't leave here really so no need to know lol
They made quite a trip for the cooker then!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Not to bad if you think about scrap value on the thing.
Single oven cooker and hob.
Or maybe they will sell it they got it for free.

Personally yes for us we wouldn't travel 1/2 hour 40 mins unless it was extremely good value and something we really wanted.
Don't worry my geography is awful to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2021, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon all. Glorious day out there today. Bordering on too warm for me . We keep to the shade for about 3/4 of the walk so not too bad because the sunny bits are spread out. Lovely breeze coming back so not bad at all.

Rosie now ligged out in front of the fan and all doors and windows are well and truly open.

Quietened off significantly today, but still a few kids about

Have a good 'un all, however you spend your afternoon
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone. Your shopping Sue sounds as good as my delivery. A bra. My shopping to a shop was non existent as I wasn't going to pay £4 odd for a lightbulb.