Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 04:16 PM

Any suggestions?

Ok, as you all know Jasmine had a lovely litter in May, one of the pups went off to live in Birmingham, I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago to find out how the pup was getting on to which they replied......they had rehomed her! I asked for details of the new owners and they won't give me any information and said if I keep e-mailing they are, in their words going to 'do me' for harrassment.

I don't mean the first owners any harm, but would love to know where the pup has ended up and to let the now owners know I am here for help or assistance of any sort should they need it.

I've contacted the KC and they said once the change of ownership has been made, they would contact them and ask them to contact me.......but so far the pup hasn't been re-registered.

Any ideas on what I can do next? I've placed a front page on my website asking for details or the new owners to contact me, but it's driving me mad not knowing where one of my babies has ended up

Also, I can't post on the main forum as she is a member
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 04:19 PM
O h dear, so sorry to hear this CC Its not fair what they have done. Hope you find something out soon, sorry i cannot help
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Sorry cc know I`d be frantic Is it the new or old owner whos a member?

Could you not ask someone who knows you both to mediate between you? Or send another email explaining very nicely you only mean to keep in contact & to help if needed for the pup nothing more? Hope you find out where pup is.

sorry know its the old owner got mixed up
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 04:31 PM
The first owner who has the new owners contact details is a member, I really am beside myself with worry. We've tried the 'middleman' and that made matters worse, which is probably why I am worrying so much, they kindly told my friend that they would sue me for breach of confidentiality, because I gave her their contact details.....although they have a website for their other breed of dog with all their contact details on, plus they had a pup from me in the past, so if things get really bad I will lose contact with BOTH pups!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
How awful for you - I hope that you hear something
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear this CC. I hope you manage to sort this out.....
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
That's awful news.Did they say Why they had re-homed the pup?
You must be really upset.Lets just hope the new owner registers the pup and gets in touch.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I have a dreadful feeling that this pup has been sold on without papers if that's the case then I haven't got a hope in finding her, I just don't understand what the problem is, all I want is the new owners details so I know where she has ended up, and because they are being so secretive about it, makes me worry the more.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I know its not really worth the paper its written on, but did you have them sign a contract with you, to say that the dog should be returned to you if ever they have to give it up?, maybe if you did, you could threaten them with legal action as breach of this contract, just to frigten them into giving you the details of the new owners?

Mo
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Well I really feel for you CC
It looks like you`ve done everything the right way as you thought. If it was me I`d put it on the board, I`d rather take a chance on being barred here if there was a chance it could find me my pup. I doubt many will agree with me but if its a last resort what else can you do??? It would also let others know what another member has done
You have every right to know where your pup has ended, maybe not legally but certainly morally & ethically.
Between a brick & a hard wall here hope you can work it out

Eraze seems preety decent bloke/board owner why not ask him if he can mediate, forget what shes threatening with, if your emails/letters/correspondance is civil, defo not abusive in anyway shape or form you`re ok, you`re entitled to ask legitimate q`s. Try a threat of you`re own & call her bluff If you can get a legal letter dranw up asking your perfectly reasonable q`s
Awful situation for you hope it rectifies without too much bad feeling.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >