Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by afc101

I was searching through the forums and came across a thread about roling in fox poo How do you know its fox poo and not any other dog poo
Believe me afc, you'll know the difference

I bath mine only if they need it, which in Shaan's and Storms case, is very rarely and only then, it's becuase Storm has raced round in a small stream we have here (large population of rats too )

Luca gets bathed a little more frequent, she's an avid poo roller, and yes, it's fox poo too so for the benefit of everyone else in the household, she gets bathed, whether she likes it or not!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by afc101
Hi eRaze, - Thanks
So once a month is OK...
some of those times are just rinses mind

This is probabaly too much but I've 'shampooed' Rocky in the last year about 6 to 8 times! hes been hosed down a few times (when its warm) or rinsed with warm water if its cold. but he gets really dirty when out !!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2005, 03:30 PM
What about all the show dog that get bathed all the time ready for the ring, they all seem to have lovely coats.
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Afc, yeah I can tell you that fox poo is definately revolting! My dog Sheba who is no longer with us used to roll in all the time. I had to bath her quite a lot because of this.

I've also been told that you're only supposed to bath dogs a couple of times a year. Barney's only had 1 and that was with his previous owners just before he came to live with us. We haven't needed to bath him yet as he manages to stay fairly clean at the moment!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Most of the time even when my dogs get quite mucky in the winter I just run a bucket of warm water with a tiny squirt of soap added and then just put each leg in to wash and then wash the underside of their bellies is all that is needed most the time.

If they roll in something really gross then they would get a bath. But I really wouldn't like to shampoo them more than a few times a year as it does take away their natural oil which gives them the ability to shed dirt themselves quite easily.

I think fox poop smells really musky from what I have smelt when my dogs roll in it and most the time it is alot smaller than dogs.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
Star only gets a bath every few months or so but Finn being white will probably he rinsed down with warm water whenever he needs it (which will probably be at least once a week ) and only get shampooed every few months.
glad to see you are expecting it Carole Milo gets very dirty
Carole
Supervisor

26-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I can imagine Emma Im all set with the shampoo for white dogs to keep him white
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 07:04 PM
i havent got that yet, let me know if its good
i just use the puppy shampoo at the moment
Carole
Supervisor

26-04-2005, 07:06 PM
will do I am going to attempt a bath this week to get him used to it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2