Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Oh dear.

I just spoke to the person who was there at the time. I was under the impression she had taken it away before he managed to swallow any, but she just told me that it was in little bits when she found him so it's quite possible he could have swallowed some

Time to ring the vet *sigh*
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Oh tuti ... Sorry about this, you are not alone, I am sure most have had a dog that has taken something from the bathroom dustbin. Think going to the vest is the best option now! Good luck
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Well I took Archie to the Vet and they wanted to give him antibiotics again

I told the vet I didn't want to give him antibiotics as he wasn't even sure if there was an infection, so he gave me some probiotic powder to put in his food and said if he's not better in the next few days he'll put him on the antibiotics.

Why do they prescribe antibiotics for EVERYTHING? Surely this can't be healthy?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I agree with you there tuti, they do seem to do that don't they. And they cost ALOT too. I think you went the right route by not having the antibiotics just yet. I'm thinking in a couple days time little Archie should be fine.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Archie is already a lot better with just the bacilli The poos are hardening

But I'm still annoyed and questioning the fact that my vet prescribes antibiotics for everything
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3