Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 07:22 AM

Barf

Im interested in changing my 4 dogs over to feeding raw but worry about making sure they get the right nutritions etc and exactly what to feed and how and then there is the cost issue. Does anyone have any views or helpful hints?

Alexa
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 07:30 AM
If you look a bit further or type barf or raw feeding in the search area, you'll find pro- and con posts

I'm also considering switching Luna over. And have joined a barf forum for labs. And a danish barf forum aswell... Still only asking questions....
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:11 AM
There is information in the have your say section where people have put forward their reasons for and for not feeding this type of diet
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:14 AM
I recently changed Seiko over to BARF and my food bills have gone down drastically.....I get preminced frozen food from a supplier and it is excellent, not watered down and nothing added..just minced raw meat that is fit for human consumption...

And I have never seen Seiko so happy to see his dinner coming
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Have been reading the other discussions and now have completely no idea. Some think its the best thing you can ever do and some say its the worst...aaarrhhhhhhhhh. I guess i'll just have to make my own mind up.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 11:05 AM
All you can do is plenty of research and then make up your own mind-
there are lots of differences with feeding and you will often find that no two people feed theirs the same

Can I ask why you feel the need to change at all?

I changed over to *natural* (I feed raw and cooked- though not at the same time) as my eldest dog had food intolerances with dried complete.
This has cleared since the change

I feed a range of meats including hearts and liver, a variety of fish (salmon, mackeral, sardines, tuna), pasta and a variety of veggies, cheese and eggs and a weekly treat of a huge marrow bone
I occasionally supplement with kelp tablets and starflower capsules (for my bitch)
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I want to change as at the moment I feed complete, one of my dogs is prone to putting on weight....it might just be that she is greedy but the main reason is my youngest is prone to picking up illnesses (bugs) etc and I had heard that health and condition will improve on this diet. Also I like the idea of knowing exactly what is going into my dogs food particularly with all the discussion of testing etc with brand food.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 12:06 PM
I there there is a (heated) debate knocking about on this subject too
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Yes and I thought that I would avoid the worry of what is affected and what isn't by feeding raw only to find out that this can also cause heated debates about its health benefits. Lol
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 12:35 PM
lol

all you can do is research and go with the view that you believe in
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >