View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 07:49 PM
It could be waffer thin anything steve...just use your imagination...I know you can get beef, turkey, chicken etc etc all in those waffer thin sandwich slices...Trust me Keena is the queen when it comes to excavating (sp??) tablets from anything including hotdogs, cheese and all things she normally doesn't hesitate to gulp down as a rule. She got so good at getting rid of the tablets that I would hold her head up for ages after popping one in and even see that she swallowed and watch her for a minuet or two after that even then as soon as turn my back she would walk away and spit them out someplace...lol

What is it about tablets anyway??...How can they be so terrible to eat when they eat they things they like to?...lol...I guess it's good really as they will never end up having an overdose by accident.

Hope whatever food you try works out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 08:30 PM
You know how small a Piriton tablet is? Well, when preparing their meals, Georgie watches me like a hawk, and if he suspects I would even dare to put one inhis food he won't eat it. Sooooo,I have sussed this out and now hide them in another room, so I go and get one which I discretely throw in his bowl when I go to pick the bowls up and put the dinner in it. Then I get the tuna out to mix with it (just for taste) and I manage to hide the tablet in the middle of a lump of tuna, but guess what was left in his bowl tonight - even though he woofed his dinner down like it was his last ever meal! I couldn't believe he did that, as usually he hasn't noticed that I sneaked one in there! They're so smart these dogs!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 10:54 PM
This is where Labs come in handy. Woody eats anything you throw at him, whether it's edible or not! My advice, change your breed, it'll be easier!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi Stephanie, have you got that price right??? £6.99 for a 15 kg. sack?Wow! I am paying £38.00 for a 15 kg. bag of Wafcol Salmon and Potato dried food?? I can't believe that price you have put there?I have to feed what I do because the vet has told me it is the only food for my rescue with his skin probs. and Cassie has to have a sensitivity control food as she has had pancreatic enzyme deficiency in the past,but it seems very very expensive after seeing your price for the CSJ Champ?
Yep £6.99 for a £15kg sack and they deliver upto 30kg for £5, so they shrink wrap two £15kg sacks together and I get it delivered for £5 - not bad eh !!

I too tried Wafcol Salmon & Potato on Murphy but what was coming out the other end was horrid and there was lots of it and he didn't particulary like the big kibble, its a lot bigger than other brands.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I have no trouble whatsoever getting tablets in Murphy, he just opens his mouth, in they go and he swallows them LOL

Jesse my GSD is another story though, shes a little minx. I have to wrap the tablet in ham or cheese and then put it in her mouth and push her chin/nose up so the tablet goes down her throat, she wriggles like hell buts its the only way to get a tablet into her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi again Steve, going back to the medicine, have you tried Abe with any live yoghurt? I usually put about a big tablespoon on a plate and mix the medicine in with it, as it's very good for them and my two love live yoghurt. This might eliminate his soft poo as it could well be the gravy couldn't it?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi Stephanie, Well I just can't believe the price of that food, and I will definitely be investigating that one to see if they do any fish variety. You are right about what comes out the other end, it's very soft and a very funny light colour, with orange bits of carrot! (Lol! here I go again, off on my favourite subject, just can't get away from it!)
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi again Steve, going back to the medicine, have you tried Abe with any live yoghurt? I usually put about a big tablespoon on a plate and mix the medicine in with it, as it's very good for them and my two love live yoghurt. This might eliminate his soft poo as it could well be the gravy couldn't it?
I put a spoon of live yoghurt in Muprhy and Jesse's food every evening and it works a treat. They take it in turns in getting the yoghurt pot when its empty too LOL
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi Stephanie, Well I just can't believe the price of that food, and I will definitely be investigating that one to see if they do any fish variety. You are right about what comes out the other end, it's very soft and a very funny light colour, with orange bits of carrot! (Lol! here I go again, off on my favourite subject, just can't get away from it!)
CSJ Champ is one flavour only (not too sure whatit is really lol) but they do other makes/flavours too which are more at the higher end of the market but I think you pay about £28 per 15kg per sack. The best thing to do is have a look at the website and if you're still unsure phone them and ask to speak to Ceri, shes really helpful.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks Stephanie, I will take a look. I have looked at the Burns site too as they do an ocean fish and brown rice, which I may be interested in changing to, as I'm not happy with their poo's at the moment and Wafcol are having trouble with their food as some bags are tiny little bits as if they're the dregs of the proper food and my feed merchant is going to approach them on this, as he said lots of people had also taken it back as they weren't happy with the contents of the bag, so I don't know what's going on there, but it has made me think about changing over even though I will have to stick to fish. I am going to look at the thread on here about feeding Burns too.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >