Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Digby's first meal of rabbit ..........

Hi guys,, hope you all had a good Easter, spent most of mine clearing our two lofts plus doggie show and a wee bit of decorataing..
Tonight was Digby and Blilbo's first encounter with a rabbit for dinner, Bilbo's was a large one so we put him out on the lawn with it (frozen) so he just looked at it and barked then danced around the garden, we couldnt understand why he wouldnt eat it, so we left him for a wee while and brought a much smaller one in for Digby,,, well I had to laugh at the antics of this wee lad,, i'm sure he was chasing it and ""killing "" it he danced around it for a good ten minutes poking it and snuffling it before he finally settled down with it,, I think he enjoyed it and there was not a bit left. Bilbo was still barking at his , so I sent OH out and asked him to chop it in half,, after afew attempts he managed it and Bilbo was much happier,, he only left the tail, so all in all I think a good time was had by all,, no dishes to wash out , no heavy "tinned" meat to carry and two very healthy and happy boys,, and the best bit.. the rabbits were free, one caught by my cat and a friend picked the other up roadside so both fresh
thats what I call a free nosh.. lol
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 09:36 PM
now thats what i call a good free meal and im so glad your boys enjoyed there rabbit
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Sounds like they enjoyed their rabbits once they knew what to do with them
I often give mine rabbits or pheasants that have been freshly hit by cars ,but I prefer to boil them up and pick the bones out
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Glad yours liked their rabbits...My boy thinks rabbit is not bad but my girl can't stand it...lol