Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Trixie_Carl View Post
I have had her for 1 week and 5 days.
Possibly still a bit of anxiety and uncertainty with her new surroundings.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Possibly still a bit of anxiety and uncertainty with her new surroundings.
Quite possible Besoeker,

I am going to be patient with her and will keep an eye on the situation and will re train as neccessary
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Trixie is approx 21 Months old, Her previous owners said that she may pee near the backdoor through the night if she cant get out to go to the toilet.

I take her out around Midnight (Just as I will be again in a moment) each day for her last walk and toilet break which she does her business and we return home, she is also walked twice through the day.

However most mornings I wake up to find she has peed near the back door, I do not give her treats for this but do give her treats out on walks when she has done her business in the right place.

Is there any other way other than getting up every couple of hours or so through the night to let her out into the back yard to have a pee etc, to get her to stop peeing in the house considering through the day when we are up she does not do this.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
You might try this:

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
You might try this:

I doubt it will work simply because it's already been tried denying access to the area she toilets. All that happened, I believed is that she found an alternative spot to toilet.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I doubt it will work simply because it's already been tried denying access to the area she toilets. All that happened, I believed is that she found an alternative spot to toilet.
No harm in trying it.
Ours did it a couple of times when we first got him. Either that stuff fixed the problem or he got over it on his own.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Your right she did find an alternative spot to toilet, took her for a late night walk about 1am on Friday night/saturday morning and no toileting indoors at all throughout the night, (could of been something to do with her long walk to/from and round the park too along with my brother and his dog and his children.) Trixie waited around 9 hours.

Tonight she had a good hour and half walk we got home for around 12:45am so hoping no toileting indoors tonight either.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2017, 03:11 PM
Seems like Trixie May be slowly calming down, no mess indoors for 2 days now and has been waiting around 9 hours through the night in between walks.

Although she is restricted to the back yard at the moment due to being in season and I take her for short walks early morning and late night when I know there is no other dogs around in the area.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Seems like Trixie May be slowly calming down, no mess indoors for 2 days now and has been waiting around 9 hours through the night in between walks.

Although she is restricted to the back yard at the moment due to being in season and I take her for short walks early morning and late night when I know there is no other dogs around in the area.
That's brilliant and it may well be that the season contributed to the problem she has had. New home and due in season is not a good combination for a dog - a bit like us moving home whilst suffering PMT lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2