Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:59 AM

Copper - 13 year old male Doberman Cross

Copper, Doberman Cross, DOB 1999 - Gatwick, Surrey

Homing requirements: Copper needs a retirement home as an only pet. Could someone tell him he needs to slow down! He needs access to a secure garden and to be walked on an extender by someone who can manage him. Not too many stairs. Copper is used to visiting children and has a very kind nature.

His Story:Owned since a pup, his owner's memory got worse and she moved in with her daughter who has cats. So Copper was reluctantly booked to be PTS and we were alerted by the vets and saved him. Copper was neutered, did have an enlarge testicle, 4 teeth removed and was fully vaccinated. Copper is now kennelled near Gatwick, Surrey but not coping – he is missing home life.

Advert: Copper is a fabulous companion and a real gentle-man. The Doberman character; a loyal people dog, offering his head for strokes. He has led quite an insular life and is now anxious in kennels. He settles well on his walks, though marches forwards. He can pop at dogs which has quite a friendly feel but we keep him moving, knowing he hasn't had walks for a long time and he is still learning to settle. Needs an owner that is lead-alert, low dog density and an extender to take up his excess energy and enthusiasm. Copper is such a people person DEVOTIONAL!

Copper was named from the richness of colours in his beautiful coat, or was it how he walks around his beat?! He is smaller than a Doberman but has the same lively energy. Although Copper is 13 years old you would never guess it and we think the old guy has plenty of life to live! His health has been good all his life and he is now post tumour removal and has had a full dental so he will enjoy life much more now. Can you offer Copper a kind home to rest his head and a garden to enjoy?

Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Well this boy has managed to avoid showing his true loveliness ever since he arrived, we were determined not to be beaten and he still gave us a run for our money! As bright as a button for his age and nothing gets by Copper!

"I'm not going to show you my best side"!

"You are boring me now"!

"I'll just lay down while you run around like two dizzy bugs trying to get my pic. Let me know when you are serious"! :laugh2:

GOTCHA Copper and WOWSA!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Copper is still available for adoption
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Copper was on his way out for a walk yesterday just as we arrived and I couldn't let him go on his way without some liver and sausages ...

Seems he knew exactly where they were ...

"Yummy, yes I'll have some more of that please"!

"Surely this pose is worth some more"?!

Love this boy - he needs to be curled up on a sofa or resting by someones feet.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Copper came down to meet his fans at the Fun Day on Saturday. He wasn't on our list for pics, but we took a few of the handsome boy anyway!

"Oh it's you again! Am I on your list for photos and do you have the prerequisite sausages"?!

"I'm sitting and ready, where do you want me"!

"Oh well, if I'm not on the list and those sausages ain't flowing I got better things to do with my time ... I've got Fun Day fans to meet, catch you next time ... tarrah"!

Copper is still waiting patiently in boarding kennels for his forever home to come along. Could you offer Copper a home?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Wonderful news ... Copper has gone into a foster home! Here is a message from his fosterer:

"Just thought I'd do a quick update of Coppers first day
Totally spoilt by my youngest son, Jason, and his girlfriend, Laurel, by a very long walk and visit to their horse "George" (who plays fetch with a space hopper - thinks he's a dog!!!) Copper wasn't too impressed at first by George but they came to a 'mutual unimpressed' understanding by the end of the visit.

Then home via 'pets at home' to get shampoo for his bath as he had rolled in fox poo!!!!!!!!

Evening of snoring in his bed with my eldest son, Alex, who was on dog sitting duty.

Followed by a night of snoring and hogging my bed - guess I've got a new bed mate!!!!! Hairier than my usual type but not much difference other than that

Copper is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Wonderful news ... Copper has gone into a foster home! Here is a message from his fosterer:

"Just thought I'd do a quick update of Coppers first day
Totally spoilt by my youngest son, Jason, and his girlfriend, Laurel, by a very long walk and visit to their horse "George" (who plays fetch with a space hopper - thinks he's a dog!!!) Copper wasn't too impressed at first by George but they came to a 'mutual unimpressed' understanding by the end of the visit.

Then home via 'pets at home' to get shampoo for his bath as he had rolled in fox poo!!!!!!!!

Evening of snoring in his bed with my eldest son, Alex, who was on dog sitting duty.

Followed by a night of snoring and hogging my bed - guess I've got a new bed mate!!!!! Hairier than my usual type but not much difference other than that"!

Copper is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-09-2013, 08:50 PM
An update on Copper from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Shared a walk with our special boy Copper this morning. He is easy to walk and great company. He likes to stop and sniff and was happy to share a walk alongside Cassie. He does like his treats though and while I stopped to photograph Cassie he tried to help himself out of my bag, cheeky boy". xx

Copper is still waiting patiently for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-11-2013, 10:49 PM
AN URGENT APPEAL: All our kennel dogs are worthy of a foster place, but none more so that Copper. He is top of the list and we desperately need to get him out of boarding kennels - we don't think he will manage/cope with another winter in kennels. He is 14 years old and needs to spend his remaining time in comfort.

An update from Lynne this evening:
“Yes we have to say that Copper's health is breaking down. His back legs are becoming weaker. Today we started him on Yu-move and anti-inflammatories to make him pain free. We all know the score with Copper we didn't save him to have him spend his last year in kennels BUT HE HAS. We are forever grateful to Val for taking him on his wonderful holiday to Yorkshire...his time is running out and tonight he sits with his heavy coat on to try and keep him warm in a freezing kennel in November (He cant have his door closed as Copper will not be closed in). He needs a warm home, as an only pet with someone who can offer him company and not worry if he scratches at a door while you're out for the first few days until he settles. He would be with me but Fifi had equal and pressing needs as her management in kennels would be impossible. Please can anyone offer Copper a warm last few months”.

Please spread the word everyone ... Copper needs to be in a home whether foster or forever as a priority.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry I can't help Copper but will spread the word in my area. He looked so happy in his foster home ... what happened, why has he returned to kennels?

I do hope his forever home is found very very quickly.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >