View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Kev cooks occassionally, wish he would do it more often as he is pretty good!!

Generally whoever cooks is let off the washing up, but if I can I get out of both I will!! Doesn't happen that often though.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
My OH never cooks in all the years we have been married and that is 30 years now.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2006, 07:47 PM
My OH rarely cooks .. thank god! he is soo bad at it and he knows it .. so if I don't cook he will go get a take out .. he can make great cheese on toast though!

Rachel
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2006, 07:51 PM
My OH likes to help with the cooking but Grae doesn't go out of his way to make the first move to cook, but its a nightmare to get him to wash up he moans and moans and whines something chronic, but i'm firm and tell him off!!!
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi All,

Help with it ?

The poor devil does it all !!

I HATE cooking and I am just no good at it.

He, on the other hand, loves it and has cooked since he was about 10 years old.

The strange thing is, my late husband (Harry) was exactly the same !

His mum taught him to cook at about 10 or 11 years old and he always did the cooking because he loved it.

My mum taught all us girls to cook, but it's only me that is cr-p at it !

Harry used to joke to anyone that I would "burn water" and John tells them exactly the same!

I said to John the other day, that I think Harry is sitting in Heaven feeding John words to say, because he (John) comes out with so many of the things that Harry used to say, that it's like turning back time

Unless it's me that is the "common denominator"

Regards

Radar
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 08:03 AM
my OH can not cook. after 7 years he has only ever cooked 1 time it was chips and they were not good. but i love to cook and i am happy doing it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Baz used to cook, but has mostly stopped over the last year. As I'm a radio 4 fan, and love the Sunday morning programmes, I'm quite happy to be in the kitchen. Saturday night is always a takeaway, and during the week we tend to just have cereals or toast......
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum
my OH cooks but boy what a mess afterwards hes also chef trained and he thinks im his helper so now id rather do it myself, ill wash up as i go along, but he (bless him) will use every thing in the kitchen
Know the feeling well see my previous post, my o/h is a chef too and he thinks I'm the Kitchen Porter.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by chelsea
My OH never cooks in all the years we have been married and that is 30 years now.

Same here. I think things have changed over the years and more younger men cook these days. My husband can make things on toast and that is about it. My son who is 30 can cook very well.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Pete a really good cook but buys expensive ingredients and like most men really messy in the kitchen but food tastes great, sadly he does not get much tine to cook guess he will do more when retires. x
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >