Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Good evening all.

Dull and overcast this morning, but not cold so that was a bonus. Got back and the sun came out so ditched the raincoat in favour of a fleece. Got to Boston to the hospital and the heavens opened. I sat in the car in the car park for 10 minutes until it eased a bit, then it was dodge the puddles, ie small lakes, to get to the main entrance.

Dave is about the same as yesterday. Very, very drowsy. Apparently my daughter rang the ward this morning and asked to speak to him. He was too tired to, but told the nurse to tell her he was OK, but not to come over because he needs some sleep.

They are going to try him on a small meal tonight and some drink. If he can keep that down, they will take out the tube that goes in his nose down to his stomach. He says he'll tape his mouth shut if it means he can have that tube out as it's irritating him .

I think if he can get eating again, he'll pick up. At the minute he is just so tired he wants to sleep all the time.

The grass back and front was turning into a jungle so I have cut it this afternoon. Unfortunately, I've never used a petrol mower before so it took quite a bit of fathoming out. Got there in the end though
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Well done Chris on getting your grass cut. Each day hoping there is more improvement for your hubby.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Bless you Chris, you should have asked me! I love my petrol mower, done mine today... it's self propelled so I just follow it about
I hope Dave feels much better soon and can keep some food down
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Chris - Sounds like they are sorting out hubby but it can't be nice to be like that still if they get some proper food in him I'm sure he'll feel better. Thinking of you both.

Thanks for all the thoughts for our new Newfie boy, his name is Bruno. I collected him this evening. Ipswich is not that far but I was worried about the traffic, in the end it was perfect journey, no lorries and very few cars.

Bruno has had a very chequered life. I'm told he was rescued at about 4yo in Scotland, stayed with the family for 2 more years until there was a house fire. The club arranged for him to be fostered in Clacton but he had to stay in 3 homes for 2 or 3 nights on his journey South from Scotland and then the foster home in Clacton failed.

What he needs more than anything now is STABILITY and ROUTINE. He and Xena are already good pals.

Because we have yet to sort out the car and both Alena & I have a few medical things to work on I was not in favour of taking a second dog just yet but we couldn't refuse when Bruno was clearly unwanted by the foster family.

OK I've had a quick read through, hope you all had a good day, I'm exhausted and going to bed now. Goodnight all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Pleased the journey went well Harvey and sometimes, things just happen.... when we ended up with deags it was purely by accident, we weren't looking for another dog, Kota was more than enough for me! But she needed a home and despite me saying it was temporary, she's still here. I am sure Bruno will appreciate you stepping in to help him
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Harvey

So pleased that Bruno and Xena are settling in together. They will both get the love and care that will see them being the dogs they are meant to be x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3