Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 06:18 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 11th May

Good morning everyone

Oh sear Griff they really take the biscuit how thick can you get not to understand they are trespassing. Well done you send the photos to solicitor and sit back and wait for the shouting to begin. As you say the law is on your side and you have done nothing wrong. I feel for your parents

Well done Kazz on getting everything organised and how nice that a lot of people have been helped by your Aunt.

Nice day forecast here so hope they are right. Off to son's again this afternoon to finish of the bit of paving we need to do and no doubt fiddle with the other bits he wants to sort. It is then down to him to sort the decorative stones being put back over the paving.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Suppose it is down to me to give advice and directions on how to at our sons place this afternoon. If I don't he might put the sharp sand base upside down.

Can do much physical help as my ribs are still painful from the fall 3 weeks ago, which is really annoying, but a few tips might help.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Morning all

Lovely day here, not risking the washing as showers/heavy rain predicted and going out this afternoon so tomorrow will be fine.

Sue/Tw have a nice time at your sons, for two such hands on people is it a case of your sons cannot do DIY or you prefer to do it? Anyhow have fun and a nice visit.

To everyone have a good day as I say off to view a flat with my friend and then lunch I believe, just off out again with Gert for a good run before I pop out .

Nippy hope you made it back out of the airing cupboard without a visit to Narnia....LOL

Chris is the redecorated café a big improvement at all and glad your son is feeling better

Brenda Never heard of Rebecca Tope, hope you enjoy them though. Ordered two books on amazon last night to read on a break for my birthday at Warners with friends in June. Thought I needed a little break and de stress.

Have a good day all and wish us well for the flat hunting as they appear to be going quick and she wants within a 3 mile radius of work seems everyone else does too. LOL We were viewing 4 but two already gone and one they can't get a key for it so 1 so far.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Good morning all.

It's been piddling it down all morning so we have fingers crossed the the forecast is right and it dies out before 11 am. You can only hope.

Sounds like you two have plenty off work today. Well Sue has, but, as my husband likes to tell me, supervising is just a tiring - yeah right.

Have a good 'un all
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Good luck with the flat hunting for your friend Kazz

Hope the wether clears and you are able to walk in the dry Chriss

Son doesn't have much experience with DIY but will try his hand at anything. Living in a 1 bedroom basement flat storage is a problem so no where to really keep a lot of tools large or small so we help out where we can but he does most of the work with just a word of wisdom from us Also not having a car makes it hard for him to get heavy things. He does have access to a community car but they are not really suitable for carrying heavy stuff.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Hi Peeps. Sun is trying very hard to come out. Have just taken a plant back to a friend that I gave to ages ago when she lost her dog. She gave me a cutting and I grew it on. Hers died so I have taken mine back to her as it is huge now, so well established, hopefully this one won't die on her. She is usually green fingered so no I idea why the other one went. I have kept a few bits back to see if I can get them going. Kazz, Rebecca Tope is a crime thriller type author. The ones I like are set in the Cotswolds. It is basically about a lady that has a spaniel and she house sits when people go on holiday. The inevitable always happens and there is a murder or two. Easy going books. So, on that note off to read a bit more. Have a good day all. Sue as your son has a garden maybe he could have one of those benches that have an inside to put things in and then padlock up. They are waterproof and come in all sizes and can also be used for sitting on. Just a thought.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Morning all
Sue, sympathise with the garden...ours is half or maybe quarter done but my mum has bought all the stuff so it looks like a builders yard
Kazz, enjoy the flat hunting...hope she finds something
Chris, hope the rain stops
Brenda I may look that author up!
Sun here at the moment so may try to paint some panels before Daz comes on the 20th
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Thankfully, the rain did stop, but the sun didn't break through until we were on our way home. Beautiful out there now. If it was a weekday, we'd probably go back, but it will be too busy today.

That author does sound interesting. My kind of books
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2019, 02:00 PM
I went out in a jumper and jacket omg....I was boiling
Not sure if anyone is interested but our Morrisons are selling about 3 1/2ft cordyline plants for £25 they are really good
Also at homebase I got hanging baskets with pansies in for £2 each
Next door gets better....now 1 ft trellis on top so pushing 8ft high lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Got son sorted so he is happy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >