Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 07:09 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 9th May

Good morning everyone

Sorry you feel the need for a break Moyra and Lynn but hope you aren't away too long. Take care

I would like to be a fly on the wall when your neighbours receive the solicitor's letter Griff I think you and your family may need tin hats I think if they don't do anything and you end up in court they may also have to pay your expenses which would serve them right.

It is awful Kazz what people do when there is a death in the family but they always want something but don't do anything to help.. A friend of mine her elderly neighbour (92?) never had anyone visit when her husband was alive and when he died her son moved in to help her but sadly died in his sleep six months later. Now there are visitors all the time and one nephew keeps taking her to the sollcitor to change here will in who's favour we wonder

Hope you have a good walk today Chris and the weather is much kinder to you today.

Lovely morning here after yesterday's rain and wind. Planning on planting out the runner beans this morning

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Morning Sue and everyone, hope you are all well.
I think you lot have blown the rain and wind down to me. Its not actually raining yet but a very black sky and very windy

I got up this morning to a horrible pile of sick on the living room carpet. Good job I bought a spray on carpet cleaner last week, looks like it has done the trick.

Im going out tonight with a friend for a meal, so I might not be around later.

Take care all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 09:34 AM
Morning all
Sue, yes, they will be liable for our legal fees as well as their own...if they want to go that route so be it, I am not scared of them and as long as they don't harm my parents or animals I don't care and if they do....god help them!
Nippy, I hope you have a really lovely time tonight
It's wet and soggy here, I just need to pop to the vets later to collect medication
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Letter amended and being sent today...let the fun begin I guess, I just hope they can understand it or get a grown up with some intelligence who can understand it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Well I am home over at my aunts at 6am this morning to miss the traffic as motorway M5 M6 accident the news said.

British Heart Foundation guys brilliant took everything, bar cutlery (which I have recycled) as did not have time to sort through.

One of the neighbour has had the bedroom furniture bed/mattress/headboard (brand new 23rd April 2019) bedside chests; 5 and 6 chest-drawers and triple wardrobe; he is really grateful he is on benefits. Also gave him the unopened sheets/bedding sets/quilt/pillows.

Another neighbour has had the one walker which you use as a chair also brand new.

So basically shattered. Back tomorrow, last time one car of rubbish quick vacuum over and done. Food donated to food bank.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon all.

Much better day, Sue, thank you. Still cold, but the wind has calmed down and, thankfully, no rain. Long, long walk this morning to make up for yesterday. Having a bit of a problem with my foot again, so mine was more of a limp around, but we got there in the end.

Well done, Kazz. Sounds like you have done a very good job and I'm sure the neighbours are more than grateful. Such a kind thing to do.

Gary is finally coming out of his 'funk' so I'm guessing we will have company on our walks for the next couple of weeks. I prefer him to come out with us because then I know he is eating at least one filling meal.

Tin hats at the ready, Kelly. I hope the letter gives them enough of a jolt to do the trick without the hassle of going through the courts.

Enjoy your outing Jenny.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Much better day, Sue, thank you. Still cold, but the wind has calmed down and, thankfully, no rain. Long, long walk this morning to make up for yesterday. Having a bit of a problem with my foot again, so mine was more of a limp around, but we got there in the end.

Well done, Kazz. Sounds like you have done a very good job and I'm sure the neighbours are more than grateful. Such a kind thing to do.

Gary is finally coming out of his 'funk' so I'm guessing we will have company on our walks for the next couple of weeks. I prefer him to come out with us because then I know he is eating at least one filling meal.

Tin hats at the ready, Kelly. I hope the letter gives them enough of a jolt to do the trick without the hassle of going through the courts.

Enjoy your outing Jenny.
Good idea on the having a meal front. Glad he is coming back to himself, worrying though.

They are nice people there the person having the bedding bedroom set is on benefits and does not seem to have anyone or much. So pleased my Aunt had everything she wanted and always someone with her for all appointments Drs/hospitals etc. I had an end game of A. Brenda having a good life and that's what I achieved good quality food holidays days out good clothing and always warm and happy and that in the end is what happened my Nan would be chuffed. Surprisingly had a couple of message back from her clubs and seem to be expecting 60-70 people from the church/clubs alone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Better order more food.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately, Kazz, it's the usual cycle with him - normal, over the top happy and then the crash and then the cycle begins again. It's all part of his epilepsy. Fortunately, the newest medication does seem to have got his fits under control if not the mood swings.

Your aunt was obviously well liked Kazz - that's always a comfort for those left behind. I hope all goes well for her final farewell x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Kazz, that's the best thing you can do for anyone, love and care... you are rich in my book if you have someone in your life
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >