View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I am afraid like Lynn, I need a break, My knee is killing me and I cannot get any relief from it so I am going to have a break too. Nippy, I am so sorry for your loss and sorry that I mentioned Brian when first saying glad to have you back. I wish you well perhaps it is time we went back to our Ham Radios. I still have a 2 meter radio and I believe a CB somewhere tucked away.

At the moment I am currently reading a lot and am on Noel Fitzpatrick "Becoming the Supervet" listening to the animals. It is an incredible insight into what a wonderful man he is. Oh God I wish I was my daughters age which is the same as his and in his company we share so many values. God bless everyone. Catch up with you soon no doubt Take care everyone and Harvey I do hope it works out for you and Xena, she sounds lovely.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Moyra, hope your knee feels better soon
Solicitor has written his letter...oooo it's good! Ends with the threat to demolish the porch lol I have replied and ask that he gives visual aids lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Lynn and Moyra I hope you both feel better soon and feel able to come back to us.
Moyra dont worry about asking me about Brian, people are still asking me here how he is. I have so any people in and out "seeing how I am"

Well we have obviously been lucky. Very little rain here but plenty of sunshine.

See you all tomorrow x
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Sorry don't want to upset the apple cart but surely it is better to keep in touch with what has surely become a friendly place than cut oneself off. Oh well see some of you tomorrow. Unless this is abandon ship. Sad really. especially as we are trying to install Norma and saying about missing others?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 06:53 PM
I am not abandoning ship... you can't get rid of me mwhahaha
Nippy, I guess it's because they love and care about you and you and Brian were together for so long...if you would rather not have so many visitors, just tell them that you would prefer 1 visitor a day or something
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sorry don't want to upset the apple cart but surely it is better to keep in touch with what has surely become a friendly place than cut oneself off. Oh well see some of you tomorrow. Unless this is abandon ship. Sad really. especially as we are trying to install Norma and saying about missing others?
Well I am not going anywhere other than popping to Cov to help Griff demolish the porch.....power tools forever.

I have had a day of trying to sort my lists of things t do going tomorrow to Aunts flat to let the BHF people collect the furniture etc see what's left afterwards. Trying to round my cousins up to help if proving difficult the next one who says to me ……..Oh that will make it easier for YOU!!! or I am at work...…….how do they think I live!!!! ah well as she said often "Out sight out of mind" they are lovely people but I am not begging. I have asked three time now on our family face book page for assistance, and even said I do not need to be there as a key safe there and key in it. The one I do not want to help keeps offering her hubby is undergoing chemo and she has enough on her plate.

Oh well apart from that good news my friends daughter is expecting baby due 1st Jan
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Congrats o the baby
Hmmmm deaths show people's true colours, my dad's family showed their awful colours as did my mums eldest brother. As soon as dad's mum died, they were all barre one pleading poverty ...my dad thought he was going to have to pay for the lot himself! They all had money to blow a £100 on flowers each and enough to drink at the wake all day and mums brother...she asked for help clearing the house and he said he couldn't help but wanted stuff from the house...so she stuffed boxes full of tat and gave it to him, I hadn't set foot in my nans house for 2 weeks before she died and I didn't feel right going in after as I would have been so upset,my mum understood that.
Lol... they are going to go mental Kazz but they started it, using my dustbin, walking into my garden as they pleased, workmen starting an hour early, running the downpipe in my parents garden, verbally abusing my dad and then refusing to accept that our driveway is our driveway and stating they are having a gate open onto it to "stop us parking" errrrrr no! I will do whatever I have to do to look after my family and their property
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Kelly, I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

My mum had a neighbour once who used to complain whenever she sorted out her solid fuel fire. He said it woke him up. She never did it before 9 am. He frightened her to death so in the end my Brother in Law who was 6'2" went round to see him. Told him what he thought of intimidating an old lady and if he wanted intimidation he was going to see it if he didn't stop. That ended the problem and 12 months later the guy sold up and moved on.

Moyra I do hope your knee heals up soon. You've had a long haul with it so it must be getting you down.

Lynn, whatever you are up to I hope it's something nice rather than something awful.

Both of you, we expect you back in the not too distant future to update on all your news.

Kazz, you still have a lot on your plate. Goodness knows you have been kindness itself to your aunt. It's such a shame that your relatives can't find it in themselves to help out now

A bit more reading then I am hitting the sack. Have felt a bit rough this afternoon so I'm hoping for something like a decent night to knock it on the head (whatever it is)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2