Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 1st May

Good morning everyone

Hope you manage to get your downpipes sorted Griff. Its a nuisance when the discontinue something that has been around for years.

Hope OH got home without a new car and that yours passed its MOT Chris

Up early Washing out and have filled up the bits that needed doing round the plastering that Barry did yesterday. Plans for today are rubbing down and washing down ready to start the painting tomorrow. Also masking all edges. Fortunately the only ceiling that needs doing is the one in the back porch and a bit of touching up round the edges in the kitchen so should be able to get the gloss done tomorrow.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Yep I to have been up since early doors. When the light comes in I wake up. Even if I use darker curtains I wake up. Can't use an eye mask as hate the feel of them. Cloudy here and a wee bit chilly. Have a good day Sue and all to come. Off to feed the birdies. I have babies in the nesting box. Coal Tits I think. Which makes a change from Blue Tits.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 07:29 AM
Still in safe mode just cannot get this pc sorted out. Will have to have another go at system restore. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Morning
Flipping heck Sue... you are quick off the mark!!
Awww Brenda, how lovely, we are going to put up a nesting box
Moyra, hope you get something sorted
Mum and dad have just left for the solicitor appointment, I got hardly any sleep... again, it's obviously playing on my mind. I am thinking of seeing if I can see someone and ask if they will give me a short course of sleeping tablets again, I am so tired and run down...I am starting with coldsores again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Good morning all.

Well he managed to get home without a new car. Ours flew through the MOT, but it's only 4 years old so I'd have been disappointed if it failed. He didn't get home until 6.45 pm. Not bad to say he set off at 12.45 pm. Of course, he never thought to ring me to say they were taking forever to do the work.

We pay so much a month then MOT and service is pre-paid. I've told him to cancel it and we'll take it in town in future. I wanted to last year, but, of course, he knows best.

When we take them to town, we drop off, go for brekkie and our walk and pick up on the way back. What on Earth is the point of travelling 35 miles through a busy town just to take it to a dealers - and a dealers that are always so slow at getting the work done?

I know all about broken sleep. I usually manage a couple of hours at most then it's toss and turn all night. I long for a full night's unbroken sleep
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Pleased he made it home...with the same car lol.
I am worn out, tried to get a drs appointment but I can't
Mum and dad have seen the solicitor! He is now an executive partner, his fee is £250 an hour but has agreed a flat fee of £235! He is livid, the downpipe has to go, the overhanging roof should be removed but mum and dad have agreed to let it stay, they can't do anything that encroaches onto our driveway...the gate opening out, he says if it continues off to court we go and then I got a call from planning about the windows...they might have to go too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Afternoon Sue, Moyra, brenda, Chris, griff and all to follow.
Nice day here warm and sunny.

Gorden went off to London this morning back tomorrow evening. Ocado delivery been and gone and all put away washing on line and sheets in machine.
Have dusting and hoovering to do that doesn't take long though.

Sue wow you are so busy, Moyra hope the pc sorts itself soon.
Chris glad Oh came back with the same car even if it did take a long time. Hopefully he will agree for it to be done locally next year.
griff I think your mum and dad are being generous over the overhanging roof. Hopefully the nightmare neighbour will now tow the line with you.
brenda hope all is ok with you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 11:07 AM
I expect things will get worse Lynn, they really don't like getting their own way but the law is on my side...I have learnt I don't need to use my fists or force in some cases...as much as I would like to lol
I did the washing up, hoovered and am just waiting for my parents to get back so I can begger off, I don't know where I am going but need to get out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Well, they are still at it... can't wait until the solicitor writes to them, my neighbour came back, stuff on her drive so she asked them to move it, she said they made comments about how she would be reversing etc so it wouldn't be in the way...it was for her and it's her drive so she is entitled to tell them to move their stuff
Then dad went out, they have removed our fence post that had their fence on it...Dave asked if he could put his fence on it... anyway, dad told him that it was ours, that they had taken 4inches of our garden... apparently he was shaking when he got back in. Steve doesn't talk sense often but he said that we shouldn't react now.. just leave it and have them for every little thing as the law is on our side
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2019, 06:04 PM
griff as annoying as it is and I would also find it really hard to keep my gob shut Steve has the right idea.
Now a solicitor is involved they have to be left to deal with it they need no ammunition to come back at you with.

I totally get your frustration though as I would be the same and want to punch their lights out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >