Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well as it happens we were back at the Dogs Trust today I've written a long(ish) report on yesterdays thread if you have time to read it. Thanks for asking and will keep you all updated as soon as there is anything good to report

I also read your comment:-
"I thought we said we would not speak about that meeting Losos….LOL"

Well, you've blown it now sunshine, how am I going to get of that now all of Dogsey knows
Read the reply from the other post and please do keep us updated would you not consider another Newfoundland?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Kazz, my sister is still going through the same thing.

She lost her husband a year ago now. He was desperately ill with esophageal cancer about 4 years ago. They thought they had cleared it and it came back so for the last 2 years of his life, he was basically house-bound and needed a lot of care.

Prior to that, she cared for my mum for 30 years.

For the last 12 months she has had no one that needs that level of care and she's at a loss.

Losos, I hope you get a dog from DT. They usually come along just when you have given up home of ever finding the perfect fit.

I hope Steve gets sorted, Kelly. Is there no one but that one particular manager that he can raise a grievance with?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2019, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Read the reply from the other post and please do keep us updated would you not consider another Newfoundland?

Yes that is looking more and more likely Have been in touch with the welfare co-ordinators in all three clubs. OH is pushing to get another four legged pal Will definately keep you updated and thanks once again for asking.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Losos, I hope you get a dog from DT. They usually come along just when you have given up home of ever finding the perfect fit.

Thank you Chris, I think my wife is somewhat perplexed at the process that DT employ, I've tried to explain that they have to be careful these days because there will always be someone who will try to blame them if things don't go as planned.

My wife and I are not like that, if we had a dog from the DT it would be 'forever' and we would spend whatever time & money it took to sort out any problems. Dogs willing give their loyalty to humans so we feel we should do the same for them.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3