Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2014, 11:14 AM

Singing to a dog...

Me singing a frog-throated rendition of "O holy night" (my favorite Christmas song) to Nigredo, who once again would not get down so I was like why not? Excuse the background noise, the glitches, and whatever else.

I just think it's so awesome how the dogs don't care if you can sing or not, they just love your voice regardless. No booing, no strange looks, no murmuring, nothing! My dude was one HAPPY, relaxed, black muttley. Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2014, 11:20 AM
That was really lovely Myra!
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2014, 12:18 AM
You sang beautifully, Nigredo looked so relaxed. When I sing everyone leaves the room or requests I stop (thats putting it politely)
Merry christmas!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Thank you, Malka and buglysprince. I don't sing around other PEOPLE, but I sing around the dogs. Hope everyone had a happy holiday!
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2014, 05:09 AM
Oh my that was beautiful! I'm waiting for my pups to cover their ears but I love to rock out in the car. Not something I could evah be in my cups enough to do around people.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Lovemybull, I've never been brave enough to sing for people, either. I've always backed out like a coward when asked to. Thanks, by the way, I don't sing well, but I don't think I'm the break mirrors bad lol. But even if I was, I think Nigredo would like it anyway.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 08:49 AM
I can't sing in tune to save my life and I wouldn't dream of inflicting my lousy singing on the dogs ... they'd probably end up having nightmares!

Practically every day though each dog and I have "whispers". I sit in my armchair and say to either Georgie or Gwylim "Come here, I want to talk to you" which they know means to stand in front of me. I then put my hands either side of their head and whisper all kinds of things to them. Some times its about nothing in particular, sometimes, especially with Georgie telling her what the plans for the day are and asking her to behave. Yesterday Gwylim and I had a very interesting "whisper" when Mum explained to him that respectable young men don't lie on their backs, exposing all their boy bits for the whole world to see! Not that either dog takes any notice... but it does me good!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Awww that was lovely and you obviously relaxed Nigredo.
If I sing to Pepsi, she runs around in circles picking things up and wildly tossing them around. Then jumps on my lap and licks me to death
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Great stories chlosmum and nippy. I don't know, Nigredo is strange and I have a feeling he'd like even horrid, ghastly singing

The whispers thing is really awesome. The dogs enjoy it if they do not move. Trust me, doggy would bolt like lightning if doggy didn't like it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Pereg and I always have a nose-to-nose "chat" on top of the bed before she has her special mantra and cuddles - then she jumps over me to settle by my feet while I get under the duvet [too cold to stay on top for too long] to say my prayers.

She listens so intently as well - I am sure she understands every word!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >