Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Such a hard one.

But for me it has to be the big dogs always. First the Bernese and then Newfs, Saints and then Great Danes. I also like the long haired GSD, and all of the setter groups.

But I have too say I never find any breed of dog ugly I thin all breeds are special and beautiful.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 07:25 AM
sibes and mals.. i think they are the most stunning dogs alive.
newboyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Mmmmm this is a really tough one, I can't help but be biased towards labs and spaniels but my new addition is soooo cute, hes a mastiff cross and ive had lots of comments on what a handsome boy he is already!
I love the great dane, very sleek noble looking and the rotty too can be very handsome, but then I like the scruffy look of a tibetan terrier? I could go on so i'll stop there!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Oh my goodness, what a hard decision to make, I love so many breeds and would find it hard to narrow it down to one.

Of course, I adore the English Setters, the variation in colours and the long silky coats...the temperaments are wonderful but, as we are going on looks alone then it would also have to be Irish Setters, Gordon Setters, Cocker Spaniels, Welshies, Springers, Weimaraners, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Standard Poodles, Newfies, Bernese and Great Danes.

If I had to make one choice it would still be the English Setters
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
shaggy lurcher,
GSD
GWP

for me, i just love the look of the shaggy lurchers, like greengrass used to have in Heartbeat, but a GSD and GWP do it for me as well
My friend has just got a Bedlington/Whippet cross pup that looks very like Alfred from Heartbeat She is lovely.

For me, no other dog can turn my head like a good looking, fit and healthy GSD, especially a longcoat I find a lot of dogs aesthetically pleasing, but the GSD has always been my favourite looking dog since I was tiny.

Other very good looking dogs I think are old fashioned (large with less coat) rough collies, like the old Lassie type. When they are well groomed they are stunning.

I also absolutely love the look of a shiny, healthy Irish Setter. Beautiful.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 08:08 AM
It would still be NI for me, i love the way they look but i do also like the look of well bred Sibes as well.

I also adore the clean lines of the sighthounds and lurchers but prefer the smooth coat to rough. Saluki's are a fave and would love to own one someday.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 08:49 AM
There is nothing as beautiful as a German Sheherd!
Go on, admit it- you know it`s true!

Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I forgot to mention the greys and pointers. I'm normally a long coast girl, but I adore really lean, muscular looking dogs to. Phil's Breagh is a dream to look at with those muscular thighs!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Borzoi and GSD and Northern Inuit! *ducks
no need to duck - that was part of the point of this thread, we're purely considering looks (and I agree they can be good looking dogs).
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
no need to duck - that was part of the point of this thread, we're purely considering looks (and I agree they can be good looking dogs).
... lol but they are too diverse to say 'like as a breed' imo(n.i's)... i think mine is really pretty but some are so ugly they are pretty lol

...still sibes and csv's for me ... oh and pharoh hounds,ibizan hounds etc.

i adore gsd's and collies etc but am picky on the looks of the 'individual'
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »