Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:22 PM

Agility events in the SE this weekend

I see there are two agility events going on near me this weekend - one at the Newbury showgrounds at Chieveley (Scrambles UKA Agility Show) and another at the Ardingley showgrounds in West Sussex (Crayford Agility Training Society Easter Celebration Agility Weekend Open Agility Test).

I'm going as a spectator and it will be the first event I've gone to and want to get my OH interested in it too. Would either of these events be a good choice, or is one 'bigger and better with more going on' than the other ? Both are running Sat and Sun though we'll probably go on the Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on these two
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by tillytails
I see there are two agility events going on near me this weekend - one at the Newbury showgrounds at Chieveley (Scrambles UKA Agility Show) and another at the Ardingley showgrounds in West Sussex (Crayford Agility Training Society Easter Celebration Agility Weekend Open Agility Test).

I'm going as a spectator and it will be the first event I've gone to and want to get my OH interested in it too. Would either of these events be a good choice, or is one 'bigger and better with more going on' than the other ? Both are running Sat and Sun though we'll probably go on the Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on these two

Hiya,
Crayford is a kennel club event, UKA is an independent organisation. Both can be good but if you're wanting to train/compete on a regular basis i'd suggest crayford as there are more likely to be people around who are in your area to have a natter to about training whereas UKA tends to be run by fewer people who may be from a different area. Over the year there are much more KC competitions than anything else.
H xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Wishing everyone who takes part a grand and glorious day
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks Kicks, useful info!

And yes, good luck everyone who's competing this weekend at whatever event around the country ! Hope the weather is kind for all of us