register for free

Dog News

Dog lovers unite in support of Alan Titchmarsh

When it was revealed that Cesar Millan was set to be a guest on Alan Titchmarsh's daytime television show, there was an outcry from dog lovers everywhere. As Alan told Cesar during the interview, they had never before received so many complaints about the prospect of a guest appearing on their show.

Members of Dogsey and dog lovers everywhere got in contact with the show's production team to send them links to YouTube videos where they said that Cesar Millan can clearly be seen punching and kicking dogs. The producers took note and seem to have done a great job in advising Alan Titchmarsh accordingly, because he certainly did not hold back the punches when interviewing Cesar, to the appreciation of dog lovers everywhere.

Alan said, "You punish dogs, you hit them. I’ve seen you punch a dog in the throat to get it to behave and to most people, like myself, I would say that is totally unacceptable as a way of training a dog." He also said it was "barbaric", and pressed Cesar on his reasoning for employing such practices.

Alan Titchmarsh, we salute you. Thank you for speaking up on behalf of dogs and dog lovers everywhere, and as one of the largest dog related websites in the world, you have our full and unflagging support.

If you have not watched the show you can catch up via the ITV website: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=327033

Or watch it on YouTube:

Your comments and views:
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Nice One AZZ
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Well said .
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks Azz. I didn't see the episode but I read about it in the news. There were people saying Alan Titchmarsh had been rude but I don't think he was. He asked questions and allowed CM to discuss what he did and then questioned him on the controversial training 'method' of punching and kicking dogs. (It's a "touch" .)

If someone draws as much outrage as CM, it should be expected that questions will be asked. Well done Alan Titchmarsh!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Let's invite him to join Dogsey
AT I mean not CM
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I've always liked Alan Tichmarsh ever since he confronted the media lovies about having two incompetants on his gardening show (Tommy Walsh and the women who claimed to be an aquatics expert, but wasn't ) in the end he told them all to go to hell and left the show, so someone with principals, which is so rare in the modern media. Well done to him, and if he joined Dogsey that would be great.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 11:17 PM
It was a refreshing change to see the questions that many trainers and dog lovers alike have longed to put to CM. The lack of response to those questions spoke absolute volumes
Clarey83
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Just watched the interview. Go AT!! Cesar could only give politician type answers...not really answering the actual questions asked!

Well done ITV and the Alan Titchmarsh Show for having CM on the show after all the complaints and checking out the evidence for themselves and asking rspca what they thought so they could ask the questions many never ask and air peoples concerns about his methods. I hope more people check CM footage out after seeing the show and learn how cruel he can be.

Thanks for posting this azz!
pitboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-11-2012, 06:55 AM
I think he's wrong for using that method on dogs because people looking think this is how you handle dogs when an undesired behaviour is happening like barking, chewing and aggression etc
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I think that Cesar Milan's methods are surely questionable. However I truly think he's trying to help dogs. He deals with LOTS of pit bull cases here in the USA. You people from the UK with your pit bull genocide know nothing about how terrible lots of them are because of crap for owners/breeders and how much help they often need. LOTS of behaviorists and shelters have a NO pit bull policy which causes lots of dogs to die without a chance. He takes on all breeds of course, but lots of his cases are pit bulls. Cesar's model dog was named Daddy. He was a pit bull. He was a great dog. I think people are too harsh on him. Like I said, his methods are surely questionable and I'd not train a dog like that. He doesn't truly injure dogs though and though he kicks dogs and supports the use of harsh methods like shock collars (BIG no-no) maybe people should back off and look at what he's truly trying to do.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top