Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2012, 05:15 PM

DDA Email

Sorry if reference to this survey has been posted elsewhere, I did try to see if it already had.

I rcvd an email from Dogs Trust asking me to complete a government survey on the DDA. I started to complete it but I started to struggle answering the multiple choice questions. The first question was regarding microchipping and which options do I prefer, the options were

Which of the following options do you prefer and why?

a. microchip all puppies only; or

b. microchip all dogs on change of owner only; or

c. microchip dogs on change of owner and then after a period of time for all dogs to be microchipped; or

d. microchip all dogs within a year of legislation coming into effect; or

e. no change to the current situation whereby owners can choose whether or not to microchip their puppies and older dogs.

How would any of this EVER be enforced? There's loads of idiots in my hometown alone breeding from unregistered dogs that haven't been health tested. Someone I have the misfortune of knowing bred from their staffie cross and all her puppies were in their new homes by the age of FIVE WEEKS! Until they make it illegal for morons to breed from their dogs, surely nothing's going to change?

Any thoughts? x