View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Entered my boys first show May 2012 BAA jumping jacks anyone else going?

We are off to surrey in a few weeks.Thought this was ideal as under there new ruling as his over 25kg he jumps medium and i am only using it to get him used to the show environment as his only trained to medium,of course once his trained to large he will be required to jump that,but i cant see that being in the near future.

only hoping now i,ve paid for camping and two days worth of enteries i am not denied the time off work friday and saturday as i wont be a happy bunny,i,ve asked but wont know if i,ve got till later this week and had to pay for camping with enteries.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 06:55 AM
My dogs are too young (their joints are) to try agility but I really hope you get the time off work and have a fab time. Let us all know how you get on.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't do BAA shows anymore but I'm sure you will have fun. Good luck!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I only do KC shows but hope you have a good time! Good luck.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I don't do BAA shows anymore but I'm sure you will have fun. Good luck!
If you have been before maybe you can give me an insight into what to expect as i,ve never been to agility show before of any sort.it also said i'd be required to help which of course im willing to do but wont have a clue what there on about when talking about jobs within the ring will someone be there to help and guide me as a first timer,i,ve now had it confirmed i have the time off work.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Ohh good luck, I bet you guys will have a great time

I cant offer any advice cos we only really seem to have KC shows up here
Do you know anyone going? club members or anything? Its always good to have someone to tag around with and show you whats what (if not tho I am sure you will manage just fine)
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
some other members of my training club are going but they have been before and have smaller dogs,spaniels and spaniel crosses i dont really want to bother them to much on the day as they will be concentrating on there dogs runs.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Just make sure that the rest of the ring party are aware that you have never done it before and will need help. I'm sure they will give you something simple to do like pole picking (putting the jumps back up when they are knocked down).
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks got running orders today and i am not feeling very confident probably because its new to me and it would be just my luck for dog to refuse 3 times or foul in ring causing instant elimination.judging also starts at 9am so i am assuming course walking 8.45am if not before and i am not used to early mornings as i dont start work before 3pm
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I've never been to these particular BAA shows but if they run the same way as others you wont have to run in your running order.
You give your running order number to the person that is booking in at that ring and they will book you in and give you your sheet which you then hand to the person who requests it on the line or just before.

You can help at any half of the day (think it should tell you on you RO's whether am or pm help) ...just make sure you dont miss running your dog or walking the course- you are not expected to miss runs whilst helping.

Whatever happens just have fun...not many people have clears on their first competition with their dog so there is no pressure!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >