Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Agility Show Cancelled

I know there aren't that many agility folk on Dogsey but, just in case, the Shrewsbury Show this weekend has been cancelled. I wasn't going to this one but feel for those who were and for the club who will have worked so hard to organise it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Hopefully they have taken out the relevant insurance? Sometimes it is not worth it.

What is often overlooked when shows (in any discipline) are cancelled is the knock on effect it can have for other societies.

Eg often judges are appointed to judge a class/stake for which the cancelled event would have qualified them. When this is cancelled lots more letters have to be sent out to new judges etc.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I saw this earlier on the 'other site' ... I don't actually mind that much as I was unsure whether I would go as I knew if it was on it would still be wet and slippy... At least the decision is taken away now... Though I'm not sure what I will do with my weekend now!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I saw this earlier on the 'other site' ... I don't actually mind that much as I was unsure whether I would go as I knew if it was on it would still be wet and slippy... At least the decision is taken away now... Though I'm not sure what I will do with my weekend now!
I have entered Dordale (and Severnside on Monday) although, as it's only 20 mins away, I'm not camping. Top Barn has the advantage of being on top of a hill so I'm hoping it will be okay - I feel the need to get back into a routine and wouldn't relish another weekend doing very little - too much time to brood!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I think people should heed the sever weather warnings not to undertake car journeys unless their journey is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

People have died on the roads in the UK this past few days with the atrocious weather.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I think people should heed the sever weather warnings not to undertake car journeys unless their journey is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

People have died on the roads in the UK this past few days with the atrocious weather.
Its personal choice though....I have no worries about driving in bad weather..and to be honest all it is is rain!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I have entered Dordale (and Severnside on Monday) although, as it's only 20 mins away, I'm not camping. Top Barn has the advantage of being on top of a hill so I'm hoping it will be okay - I feel the need to get back into a routine and wouldn't relish another weekend doing very little - too much time to brood!
I understand that... top barn is a great venue so hopefully it will drain well...and not be too windy!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
It's not looking too bad for the weekend once Thursday is out of the way so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The Shrewsbury venue is a bit too close to the river!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Its personal choice though....I have no worries about driving in bad weather..and to be honest all it is is rain!
But it isn't just 'rain' that is causing the deaths. It is flooded rivers and fords and flash floods.

I wonder how relevant any 'winnings' or awards would be if more than half the would be entrants could not get there.

They've cancelled the Badminton Trials and other stuff too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
But it isn't just 'rain' that is causing the deaths. It is flooded rivers and fords and flash floods.
Not forgetting other drivers who do not know how to drive safely in bad weather conditions.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >