View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 07:45 PM

'the boy done good' - todays obedience comp!

I had entered Felix today as the entries closed aaaaages ago, so despite him having only trained twice since his last show two and a half months ago I thought 'we have nothing to loose' and put him in. WELL! what a little star he was! He worked his little merley socks off and came second in his class of 38 dogs! Beaten by another merle! *Go the merles* I can't believe he managed to do that with pracically no training.

Little Indz bless her was a victim of her handlers (mine!) nerves! She was working really well until I stumbled and tripped over her, my nerves then all went "arghhhhhh" and I lost the plot giving her mixed signals and walking into the ring rope if it hadn't been for the points I lost she would have been leading the class I'm really chuffed with her though as not only has she come on huge amounts over the winter, but with her and Felix in different classes she was in stays all by herself, and despite the 'dog next door' doing a runner to a squeaky toy outside the ring she stayed firmly in place.

Harry was also a star, he walked all the way through the arena to the quiet end, did some presents and close positions, then walked all the way back really calm and relaxed might not sound much but is fab for him!

On the down side, on the way back from their last run on the field before home my ankle twisted and I did a flying dive in the mud! It's massively swollen and up on a chair now, but am so pleased with the three of them it was worth it
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Well done everyone. What class were you working? It's ages since I did obedience but hoping to take it up again with my new dog. I think I will put her in for a training round at the York show in April.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Excellent news about the placing & bad news about the ankle.

Are you going to the Newark show on the 22nd ?
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:39 PM
thanks guys, we're working beginners, nope not doing newark - our next one is reedyford on the 1st x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Well done!!! Sounds fun. Hope your ankle is ok x
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:16 AM
thanks hun, the ankles been 'iced & strapped' so we're keeping our fingers crossed it'll be sorted for next weekend!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh well done - what a great day - shame about your stumble but hey at least you know she can do it!

Keep that ankle up - good excuse hey for doing nowt!

I too have a sore foot - across the bridge - don't know what have done just it blinking hurts when walking and changing gear in the car!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 12:57 PM
hope it gets better soon RS, mines not to bad now its strapped up properly x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
b*gger was that Lune Valley? i was entered but my van has died so couldnt go not doing reedyford either cos we have crufts team training!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Really good btw!!!!! I think u might have the ob bug now!!! yey!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >