View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Eceni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Has anyone seen the supplement in this month's Dogs Today - with the idea of recreating a healthy Cavalier by crossing various breeds - including cocker spaniel and papillon

sounds interesting to me...
chewymeg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I have done agility with my Affenpinscher but Chewbacca is getting to old now slown down alot he is 10 but enjoys agility, I have a new dog a small Terrier X Rescued (size of a yorkie) took to Agility like a duck took to water, didn't really have to train Jess,she is nearly as fast as my Border Collies, My Mum & Niece both do Agility with Chinese Cresteds, Hairless & Powder Puff, all 3 very fast
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by chewymeg View Post
I have done agility with my Affenpinscher but Chewbacca is getting to old now slown down alot he is 10 but enjoys agility, I have a new dog a small Terrier X Rescued (size of a yorkie) took to Agility like a duck took to water, didn't really have to train Jess,she is nearly as fast as my Border Collies, My Mum & Niece both do Agility with Chinese Cresteds, Hairless & Powder Puff, all 3 very fast
chewbacca?????
is that the name of your dog? if so that is an amazing name lol
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Can i just ask why not a BC?? The breed standard for a Pyreneean gives it almost the same height as a collie.
I'm not being funny(so please don't take my question the wrong way!) just curious

Jann
chewymeg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes Chewbacca is my Affies Name, He is the only Red Affenpinscher in the UK and he looks just like Chewbacca out of starwars, If I knew how to add pic I would put one on so you could see him
chewymeg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Here is a Pic of Chewbacca at Agility

Jess (Terrier X)

Sugar (Chinese Crested Powder Puff)

Chaos (Chinese Crested)
Eceni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Why not a BC? Only that I used to be a vet and I never met one that I fell in love with enough to want to live with it for the next fifteen years.... and did meet both Parson JRTs and working cockers that I could happily have lived with....

not saying there isn't one out there... just that finding it might be hard - and getting a dog just to do agility when it's not what I want to live with, seems daft
Eceni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 11:16 PM
and... thank you for the pics - they look cracking... seems as if most small athletic breeds can do it if they're given the right motivation.
chewymeg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Jess the little terrier x can keep up with Whisper, Sirius & Ice my BC's at agility
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Eceni View Post
Has anyone seen the supplement in this month's Dogs Today - with the idea of recreating a healthy Cavalier by crossing various breeds - including cocker spaniel and papillon

sounds interesting to me...

Typical of Ms Cuddy, just think of how many puppies would have to be produced to recreate the Cavalier-no toy breeds could be used as SM is in so many of them, epilepsy & eye probs in Cockers etc etc etc
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >