View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
saphirex310
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2009, 03:16 PM

siberian husky 9 months 2 seasons within 3 months?

siberian husky 9 months 2 seasons within 3 months?

Hi can any one help me, i have 2 bitches and one male, we got the male 3 months ago,in which both girls came into season one being 6 months and the other 9 months,so we kept them apart for about 4 weeks,then re introduced them,every thing is fine,its just my younger one is now 9 months old and she started to bleed again this morning,was the first season a fluke?? because we brought out our male into the household?so her hormones started to rage?its really confusing me as this cant be her second season at 9 months?is there any way the first one was a phantom? they was all wormed about 8 days ago with drontel, could that have anything to do with it,she is still lively and as mad as a hatter eating and drinking altho she has dropped a couple of pounds this last 3 weeks,i thought it was due to a gangly phase,as she is having a growth spurt,would be great to get some feedback.if she is still bleeding on mon will be taking her straight up the vets to get check up
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
hi
i wouldn't worry to be honest... they hyave seasons at different times... my roxy went evey 6 month but maddy went 4 monthly, they are all different and this may be her pattern, but she is still very young and it might change, she is otherwise healthy, as long as there isnt any discharge,
regards michele
daniellaura
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
if theres more than one bitch living 2gether they tend to come in2 season @ the same time but because she was quite young she wouldnt of had a proper season which is why she come back in2 season again
dont worry about it
huskies tend to only have one season a year so they shud settle out!!
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by daniellaura View Post
dont worry about it
huskies tend to only have one season a year so they shud settle out!!
No they dont they are the same as any dog and can vary between once every 6 months or once every 12 months. Both of my girls are every 6 months to the date.

I do agree with the rest of your post

Gemma
x
daniellaura
New Member!
Female 

11-01-2009, 08:27 PM
that is true but i did say tend to and it is more common for them to only have one a year
x