Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Walk in Sutton Park with my SBT

Had a fantastic walk round Sutton park today with Sal. Meet some lovely dogs a friendly rather dopey Bernese who kept walking the opposite way to his owner - although with hindsight think the dog was right the bloke was going the wrong way.

A really hyper and friendly yet nervous Border Collie who realaxed on meeting Sal his owners told me he was a rescue, and he normaly lies on his belly when he sees another dog. But today he realaxed and lay down for a second or two as we stood and spoke his owners were estatic. And couldn't thank me enough - although I did nothing but told Sal to lie down which seemed to put the BC at his ease.

Met two lovely Cocker spaniels, Monty and Don....... and their owners, who I then saw on te way back to the car, they would not go the "right way" as there was a chap letting his large Rottie X run riot running and barking at dogs, I had to go that way and as I got to the edge of the green I heard the chap shout to his mate "Grab the dog there a Staffie coming" the staffie being Sal who totaly ignored the dog the men the whole shuebang of them. The Cocker owners followed us across the green - rather than the detour they were going to make.

I really enjoy walking in Sutton park. A great day even if I can't get a decent picture of Sal as she does dash about there all I get is a bum or a tail...disappearing into the undergrowth.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Aww sounds like you two had a nice stroll together, I know what you mean about not being able to catch Sal on camera - my two when out have too much to investigate
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:10 PM
hello kaz
we go to sutton every sunday ,lovely isnt it i love it there ,we often go with youngstevie ,with 5 border collies ,im sure if you are there the same time ,you will see us comeing . we meet loads of dogs ,cant say I have noticed the ones you have mentioned , probably walk diffrent times you should do the walk with us some time glad you had nice walk shame you didnt get pictures ,would love to have seen them .
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:28 PM
The border collie people usually walk the other way when they see someone coming, due to his nervousness, but where we met in the "track" there was no way round. I sat and waited for them to pass hence the chat.

Never seen the cockers before either, I normaly go midweek on my day off and some evenings....love walking early evening and very early morning in the school holidays. WIll post some pics I have taken previously in pics, hang on.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Kazz....Sutton Park we love it as Queenwillow said. My lots start whimpering in the car as soon as we turn into Boldmere they know exactly where we are going and cann't wait to get out. Last Sunday 12.30 till 4.35pm we were all still there.
Join us..sure Sal would love 5 BC's
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a great walk, LOL at the name Monty & Don you shallhave to keep perservering with the pics

I was just about to say that Youngstevie and Queenwillow got to sutton Park (See i do pay attention!! ), however they have beaten me to it, you should all meet up, I bet Sal would love it
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Sounds like a great walk, LOL at the name Monty & Don you shallhave to keep perservering with the pics

I was just about to say that Youngstevie and Queenwillow got to sutton Park (See i do pay attention!! ), however they have beaten me to it, you should all meet up, I bet Sal would love it
paying attention thats called toby
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
paying attention thats called toby
Yep, I'm like an elephant (not size wise of course ), I never forget!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:55 PM
I thought that about the cockers too..............they had two before who were called Brian and May....Queen fans and gardeners can't be bad.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post

Well ours would Toby....mine, they just love the '''''PACK''''' feel, gives them street cred
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I thought that about the cockers too..............they had two before who were called Brian and May....Queen fans and gardeners can't be bad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >