Female 

20-06-2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vargas.asp

This is what I was referring to.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't know what to think of this. It was cruel of him, but he has still got people talking about these issues even though it was first in the news quite a while ago. I hate to think of the dog suffering and dying like that, but then what was stopping the visitors to the exhibit from throwing some food to the poor thing, or taking him or at least doing something I guess I don't agree with what he did, but assuming that this wasn't some kind of publicity stunt I agree with why he did it. If even one person has been motivated to look more kindly on stray dogs, donate to a shelter or anything like that then more good has come from that dog's death than from the deaths of millions of other strays who have died unnoticed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for that link Sarah - Someone (Maybe it was you) put it on the previous thread.

As usual with anything from this part of the world the true facts are hard to come by with the press, gallery director, and heaven knows how many politicians all saying different things. I can't see that any part of this story is worthy of comment really. We know that much worse things happen all the time in Asia, Africa, and Soth America and as we've recently seen reported on Dogsey even in the UK (Ref. Streeter who is due to be sentanced on July 18th.)
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2008, 10:11 AM
His brother broke into some guys house, and the guard dog badly attacked him, maybe even killing him. So he decided to tie a street dog up and let it die.

Since the public outcry his reasons for doing it keep changing. Thats what I read.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 10:18 AM
That was my point Packleader, there are all these rumours and unsubstantiated claims going around (especially online).

And it always ends in 'That's what I read anwyay'

Great post Losos and very true
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Regardless,

He could have used photographs and some art sculpture to get his message across to people. If you care about the dogs welfare you take it home and care for it, and encourage people to set up a rescue in the area. You dont stress a sick dog making a side show of it.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I agree. I just mean, don't trust everythin you read
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Sarah27,

I agree with you, I,m just full of cold and at work while replying to some posts.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Aw, hope you feel better soon. I had it a couple of weeks ago, it's awful
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2