Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Families......

A slight whinge

So after last year I said I wasn't going to bother as it's always us that puts ourselves out!

Anyway O/H wanted to travel up to the Midlands mainly to see my Nan,she is 91 years old so can't get about and come to us,nor would I expect her too,she would get an earbashing too if she even tried!

Anyway we went yesterday,a long day and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to my Dad's,traffic was horrendous and driving conditions not great,we spent the grand total of 30 mins there before he had to go out to breathing clinnic
Off we went to Nan's that was enjoyable and we had a good hour with her,she's getting slightly confused now but still up and about and getting on with life,she is a fab old lady

Anyway got the stuff back here and I have absolutely no idea what's got into my brother but I'm not happy with him!
My kids have always sent birthday presents and christmas presents,paid for out of money they have saved.Anyway we unpacked everything yesterday and all he has sent is Christmas cards,nothing else for them he didn't send them anything for there birthday's this year either.The look on there faces yesterday was hurt,so I have told them not to bother in future,it's not like he has loads to buy for,he only has my kids......

Nan rung to make sure we got back ok and I told her what he had done and it just happened my brother was popping in there last night and she was ready to have a go at him I had to tell her no,because my brother can be extremely nasty and I really didn't want Nan getting a mouthful from him on my behalf,anyway Nan was really upset and said it was nasty what he had done and he's getting nothing for his birthday in Jan from her Whoops,he isn't getting anything from us either,what goes around comes around

And the best part he had money left to him 18 months ago by my other Nan to the total of around £40,000,both myself and my cousin were cut out of that will,he was always seen as the golden child by her,far from it! My dad had him arrested for kicking in his front door,he walked out of his house a few months back because he was been rude,I've done that before too, and the way he spoke to me in front of my kids was disgusting,my hubby was ready to knock his block off for him

I guess that's a lesson learn't and maybe O/H will listen next year!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2012, 03:46 PM
That's sad Sal. I agree though don't buy for him next year.
We stopped buying for my brothers children and them for ours years ago at his request. If it is agreed it by both parties that' s fair enough.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I agree Lynn,but he hasn't said a word to us or asked,no contact from him at all,unless I ring around he never phones here

Several times I have told O/H to drop it as I don't want to discuss it any further, and my brother has made his point clear,but just the look on my kids face hurt me

Never mind,in the grand scheme things it doesn't really matter,I have what's important in my life and like Nan said at least my kids have been brought up properly and are not spiteful,selfish and have values She also said had my Mum still been with she would have knocked his block off for him
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Sal, but you are right what goes around comes around.

I stopped buying for Mr M's neice and her kids once I stopped getting Thankyou cards, I let it go a couple of times then thought Why am I putting myself out when they don't even bother to say Thankyou.

the kicker for me was one year I sent her little girl some GORGEOUS Osh Kosh dungarees for her birthday, so for Christmas I asked MIL what she wanted for her little girl, the response I got was anything except dungarees she got nothing!!! I know it is the kids that suffer but TBH they probably don't even notice we don't send anything as they get so much anyway.

Families.... this time of year certainly brings out the best in them!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2012, 06:42 AM
What is it about people these days...

Old saying; you can choose your friends but not your family is so true.