View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clarita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Lynn, The majority of the public's choice is what needs to be the Prime Minister not what you would like , the LD want or Labour want!! Tories are the just leaders!!

Clarita
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, the markets were well up this morning when the conservatives were negotiating with the lib dems, now watch them plummet by tomorrow!!!! What a mess, just when we don't need it!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The deeds not done yet they are now having serious talks with Labour.

I personally would like to see a Lib Lab Goverment.

I don't do the Tories.
The trouble is Lynn, although you don't do the Tories, the mess we're in, I think they're the best bet for digging us out! We don't want to end up like the rest of Europe which could well happen if the "wrong" ones are in charge, that's what worries me
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Clarita View Post
This is supposed to be a democracy, so feel really cross that there could be a Lib Lab coalition when more people in the UK want the Tories than any other party- what the flip is going on?!! If this was the Olympics it would be like the Silver medalist and the bronze medalist getting the gold because the gold medalist only won the race by less than a second!! It is total madness!! What is the point in voting?!! Also, Conservative party even though had a minority win still had thousands of more votes than labour or liberals. If it were not for the Welsh or Scottish votes Tories would have had a majority too!! Why do the Welsh and Scottish vote in the General election now that they have their own assemblies either?!!

It has to be either Cameron or Cameron Clegg in government!! Labour are so out of order!! It is not just Gordon who is too big for his boots- the whole labour party are!!

Politics makes me so very cross!! Voted Tory along with the majority of England!!

Just heard it will be a Labour Liberal Democrat Government- how is this just or fair?!! Am so very angry!!

This is not democracy!! This is not good for the economy either!!

Clarita
One of the Tories core beliefs is that the UK should remain as 1 country in it's present form ie with the devolved assembly and government. The SNP and Palid Cymru as a matter of principal do not vote on English matters but only on uk whole matters such as defence, economy, taxation, foreign affairs and other reserved matters. Matters such as Health, education, justice, energy, sport, culture media etc are voted on by the individual countries government eg Welsh assembly, Hollyrood or westminster.

So by voting Tory you are encouraging and supporting this belief

I am sure there are many Lib Dem and Labour voters out there who are all for there (broad statement here) policy on extending devolved powers which it sounds like you would encourage.

It is not us in Scotland or those who stay in Wales that decided the voting system or the devolution but the government in power and the party you would like in power
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Lynn, The majority of the public's choice is what needs to be the Prime Minister not what you would like , the LD want or Labour want!! Tories are the just leaders!!

Clarita
I agree with you on that.

For me personally I am glad GB has stepped down. I don't actually like the New labour either but for me I am a Labour supporter ( much preferred old Labour ) and that is my chosen party so I will be happier with the outcome if we get a Lib Lab Goverment.

Nobody has actually won the election that is why this is happening. I know The tories got the most votes but still not enough to show the whole country had any faith in them either.

We will have too wait and see what happens.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I agree with you on that.

For me personally I am glad GB has stepped down. I don't actually like the New labour either but for me I am a Labour supporter ( much preferred old Labour ) and that is my chosen party so I will be happier with the outcome if we get a Lib Lab Goverment.

Nobody has actually won the election that is why this is happening. I know The tories got the most votes but still not enough to show the whole country had any faith in them either.

We will have too wait and see what happens.
Through our very strange system - it really does seem odd how a party who has a majority can end up with nothing to do with the government that ends up in power!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
If it were not for the Welsh or Scottish votes Tories would have had a majority too!! Why do the Welsh and Scottish vote in the General election now that they have their own assemblies either?!!
lol blame the scottish and the welsh
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Through our very strange system - it really does seem odd how a party who has a majority can end up with nothing to do with the government that ends up in power!
I find it weird that the Liberals are in the position to decide who actually ends up running the country with them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
It's all very odd to me too, why can't we just vote for the man we want in power, like they do in the states?? Whoever gets in, then has all the constituancies (sp?) of that party in situ all around the country, it makes sense to me? Who I vote for seems to be somebody up the road who I've never even seen or head of, it's all so weird isn't it!

Personally, I think we should have another election right now, especially now that we've seen all the complications after the last vote, and in fact, why can't the Government (if we HAVE one of course!) just send us all out a bit of paper asking us who WE want in power at the TOP, we tick a box, send it back, sorted!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
SO AM I now that I've read that bit!!! I don't want that, and as you say, considering DC got the majority of the votes how the heck can it happen like this????!! I think we should revolt!!!

Revolution...you shouldn't give me ideas, esp when they're so tempting.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »