Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
That's really nice! Sometimes with all the bad stuff and stories I read it's easy to forget the good people out there.
I know..yet Ithink we all meet more good than bad everyday..
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Mine have their names (I know makes it easy etc, but there's just something about putting that little tag on that says I have a name and I am loved that I just like)

My phone number, my postcode and house number.

They are all microchipped but do not wear a tag to say so... They are all neutered but don't wear a tag to say that either. One tag each.

I know in the past I have found dogs and by the simple ability to be able to call them to me using their name on their tags and their phone numbers I have been able to return them directly to their owners with minimum stress or hassle.

I'd like to hope that for every one potential dognapper there are more caring people like me prepared to return my dogs directly to me.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Mine have their names and my home phone number and mobile number on one side, and my address on the other side.

I am not really sure how knowing the dog's name will make it easier for would-be thieves? If they are close enough to read the tag, then they are close enough to have hold of the dog.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Hubby's dogs just have a sheep tag on their collars with the name of the farm.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
One side = Surname/first line of address/poscode/Phone number

Other side = Vets/Vets phone number/Vets fees will be paid.

Never put dogs name on there - don;t want to make it easy for people.
That's exactly what my vets said when I got them done there, and yet I'd always done that in the past, but of course, haven't this time.

Mine have got "will pay vet" and their phone no. My phone number and the tattoo register's number and my FULL address coz the vet also said that's a legal requirement too.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Mine have their names and my home phone number and mobile number on one side, and my address on the other side.

I am not really sure how knowing the dog's name will make it easier for would-be thieves? If they are close enough to read the tag, then they are close enough to have hold of the dog.

Yes - but it becomes harder to prove that they own the dog if they do not know the dogs name.

My dogs have odd names anyway so it would be hard for people to guess them. Hope that makes sense.
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2009, 04:57 PM
To echo what Ramble posted;

It is a LEGAL requirement that every dog when in a public place MUST wear a collar with a tag that bears the OWNER'S name and address.

This is so the owner can be traced and held liable if the dog causes an accident.

It IS acceptable to put a house number and the post code rather than the full address. Whilst Good Citizen examiners might have been more lenient in the past, they are (or should be) very strict on this nowadays.

I have my name and address (house name and postcode) and mobile number on one side of the tags, and 'Microchipped and DNA Profiled' on the other.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh well, hand me in for breaking the law then as I am NOT putting a home address, my name or my dogs names on my dogs tags.

However, I am now seriously considering getting tags that say Microchipped & Spayed, Vets Fees Payed and the vets Post Code/phone number (in replacement of the simple 'I am Microchipped, Please Scan Me' tags). Possible my mobile number too.

Thank you so much, everyone, for the input in this thread, very much appreciated.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:53 PM
ours have my mobile, my grandparents no (someone always home), vet fees paid, vets number, and please scan...

i'm interested in the dna storage for proof after todays incident which service is that?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
ours have my mobile, my grandparents no (someone always home), vet fees paid, vets number, and please scan...

i'm interested in the dna storage for proof after todays incident which service is that?
Oh goodness, what happened today? Must have missed something! Off to look.

Yes, I think that's what I'll have put on their new tags too.

ETA: Looking for correct link.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »