Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:18 AM

Thugs Blow Up Dog...

A young dog has become one of the early victims of Halloween savagery, after its jaw was blown off when thugs apparently stuck a lit firework into its mouth.

Gardai are now trying to track down a group of youths behind the horrific incident which happened on Cardiffsbridge Road in Finglas, Dublin, about 6.30pm on Wednesday.

The small tan terrier, believed to be two or three years old, was probably somebody's pet, the DSPCA believes.

Operations manager Orla Aungier said it was difficult to judge the the dog's age because of the damage to its mouth. All its teeth were blown out.

"The female dog was in good body weight and appeared to be somebody's pet, but we still do not know who the owner is."

Horrified members of the public began ringing gardai and the society around the same time on Wednesday night. When a DSPCA inspector got to the scene gardai had managed to contain the dog.

"The entire bottom jaw was blown off. There was no bone left. It was just pulp. The injuries were horrific. She lost a huge amount of blood.

"She was taken to our veterinary surgeon who was on standby. There was no alternative but to put it to sleep," said Ms Aungier.

"It is deeply concerning particularly if it was a deliberate act. It is alleged that the fire work was put in its mouth. Our inspector took about seven quick calls from gardai and people looking for help. He was told the firework was put in the dog's mouth."

"We are in shock and appalled. It also highlights the danger of fireworks being so easily available, even though they are illegal.

"We are appealing to anyone that has any information to contact the gardai or the DSPCA."

Contact Us
irishdogs.ie
Hill House
Hill of Allen
Co. Kildare
Ireland
E-Mail: info@irishdogs.ie

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES WHICH SOME READERS MAY FIND DISTURBING:
http://www.irishdogs.ie/news/2010/09...ow-up-dog.html
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:26 AM
These people are absolute SCUM!! I hope they rot!

R.I.P darling baby, forever free and at peace at the Bridge
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:59 AM
That poor dog Who in their right minds would do something as sick as this?! I really hope they catch the twisted b*stards. In an ideal world a firework would be shoved in their mouth and lit.

R.I.P gorgeous little pup xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Horrific how anyone could do that to any living being is beyond me.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by lianne1983 View Post
In an ideal world a firework would be shoved in their mouth and lit.
Couldn't agree more.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Never mind their mouths...I'd shove it up their a..e and watch them writhe in pain! I'm appalled and disgusted. Poor little pup. Sick b*****ds! I'm so angry at them right now.
Rest in peace little one. I'm so sorry that a member of my species has done something so terrible to you. Run free xxx
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I really don't understand what is wrong with some people!!!!

That poor baby And even if they catch the scum that did this they'll get let of lightly in my opinion!

I could think of a lot of ways to cause more pain to them than that poor little girl went through and i'd quite happily do it to anyone that did this to any animal!

I just keep thinking if this is someone's beloved family pet how must they feel

RIP poor girl run free xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by lianne1983 View Post
That poor dog Who in their right minds would do something as sick as this?! I really hope they catch the twisted b*stards. In an ideal world a firework would be shoved in their mouth and lit.
R.I.P gorgeous little pup xx
.... and I'll put the other one in at the other end!!!!!! Evil, stinking b*stards, I would have no hesitation whatsoever, of doing the above act to them and I don't care how much it hurts!!!

This is very worrying that they "walk amongst us" isn't it

RIP poor little baby girlie, safe now, there won't be people like this about where you've gone.xxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I haven't clicked on the link, I feel sick enough. The poor poor little girl. The mindless cruelty that exists in this world never ceases to amaze me.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Im never going to understand these cruel attacks on poor defensless animals.. we are meant to be the ones that look out for these animals and do for them what they cant do for themselves. Some times I think dogs would be better off with out humans.

Sweet dreams little one, no one can hurt you now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >