View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 08:32 PM

D'oh! Why didn't I think of that before?

Pepper has been driving me nuts at agility recently, the minute the lead comes off she's gone, won't do a thing I want, so I've had to revert to running her on-lead which was really disappointing as when she's good, she's great. Although I have accepted the fact we will never be able to compete, we were still having fun.

So this morning she does her usual and I suddenly thought why don't I try the clicker? We do a fair amount of clicker training at home so she knows what it's all about. Well the transformation was amazing! She was totally focused on earning that click and knew exactly what she had to do to get it!!!

I'm really hoping that it wasn't a flash in the pan and works again next week - just kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner, d'oh!

J.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 10:35 PM
ohh brilliant, fingers crossed she has bucked her ideas up and will carry on for you!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Aww hopefully that was her lightbulb moment
I think the clicker is great for getting them to realise its work time
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I will be milking you for information tomorrow J! Me and Kia are going to take the agility world by storm! I want something to do with her that will knacker her out and be loads of fun at the same time. She's gone right off fetch atm, and the best way for me to tire her out is just walking for miles and miles! Well, that or letting her chase the pigeons/find a doggy friend to play with!

Glad she's listening to you! She must love that click!

Sarah xoxox
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
I will be milking you for information tomorrow J! Me and Kia are going to take the agility world by storm! I want something to do with her that will knacker her out and be loads of fun at the same time. She's gone right off fetch atm, and the best way for me to tire her out is just walking for miles and miles! Well, that or letting her chase the pigeons/find a doggy friend to play with!

Glad she's listening to you! She must love that click!

Sarah xoxox
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, at which point I can guarantee that Pepper will show me up in some unpredictable fashion! I'm not bringing the boys, it will just be the 2 of us, so look out for the short woman in black with the scruffy black dog trying to pass for a Schnauzer.

J.
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2010, 03:39 PM
well done, it's nice when that lightbulb moment happens and you click together and understand what each other means. I'm sure you'll go from strength to strength
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by gilli and jago View Post
well done, it's nice when that lightbulb moment happens and you click together and understand what each other means. I'm sure you'll go from strength to strength
Thanks Gilli (and welcome to Dogsey ).

Unfortunately Pepper's brief flirtation with attention has now passed and she is back to her more usual, all over the place interspersed with moments of agility, self! I think she enjoys being a minx.

J.
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2010, 05:22 PM
never mind, one of my collies still has total loony moments even now.

Her kc name is 'right little madam' and boy does she live up to it.
Since she's retired to anysize classes due to arthritis she's decided that contacts are electric and a waste of time to stop on (very rarely does them now anyway) and as for waits...why?

Shes still having fun though and as long as she's doing that and not endangering herself or anyone else, fun is all that matters. It's what agilitys about after all
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks and never mind, one of my collies still has total loony moments even now.

Her kc name is 'right little madam' and boy does she live up to it.
Since she's retired to anysize classes due to arthritis she's decided that contacts are electric and a waste of time to stop on (very rarely does them now anyway) and as for waits...why?

Shes still having fun though and as long as she's doing that and not endangering herself or anyone else, fun is all that matters. It's what agilitys about after all
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey J

where do you do agilty? What club?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >