Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 10:38 PM

Little one`s first riding lesson

I took my youngest (6) for her first riding lesson today. For you to totally understand how big a thing this is you would really need to know her. She has been an anxious child and is very very unsure of new situations. When familiar with them she is VERY confidant. She has wanted to ride for about 2 years but I have put it off until I thought she was ready to give it a real go.

She got straight up on the horse and did everything she was told. Even managed a little trot. She was so excited and proud of herself too. We are booked again for next week,I was a very happy mum seeing her so confidant and happy in such a new situation. Fingers crossed for next week.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Well Done little girl..

My daughter is 6 and has been harping on about riding since she could talk!! I put it off and put it off and then when she had her 6th birthday she got money and wanted to pay for her own lessons! I then realised she was very very serious.. She has now been having weekly lessons since October and is "a natural" she has now progressed onto a larger pony and also now has her own pony (on loan at the moment but we are buying her)

beware though.. its a slippery slope to bankrupcy (but if it keeps them happy............)

OH and we need (I need) to see pics?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Give your little one a pat on the back from me, it is a big thing for an anxious child to do. My grandaughter, Kiah, who is 4 years old, starting riding late last year. We now have a pony on loan for her and she rides every day - and loves it. She gets plenty of fresh air, mixes with loads of other kids at the weekend and granny (me) gets loads of fresh air too! She also enjoys mucking/skipping out, tack cleaning, treading down the muck pile and basically anything to do with the ponies. A couple of days ago she was helping one of the girls who liveries at the yard to groom her horse, it was funny to see as Kiah could only reach Minstrels belly!!!

Let's have some pictures, I love to see these little ones riding.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:50 AM
i appreciate what a big thing that is for her, my 6 year old son is quite an anxious child as well, (especially about school but that's another story) so well done her...huge pat on the back!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 01:12 PM
OK, here are a couple of pics...

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 02:27 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Fabulous

It's a great confidence builder too
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Great, she looks so comfortable on that pretty little pony. I hope she keeps on going riding, just think of all the fresh air she is getting.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 10:05 PM
When her teacher asked her at school today where she went riding she replied "In the country".

I guess even though she dog walks locally the fields all around her impressed her greatly......

funny things they say....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 01:50 PM
out of interest..where did you go???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >